Forum India

Forum of expats in India: Ask questions and participate to discussions concerning expatriation.

Search the whole website

User's Charter  -  Help  -  Terms and Rules  -  Privacy Policy

☛ EN Advice Planning Your Move to India

Discussion in 'India' started by texkourgan, Jun 24, 2013.

1. texkourgan

texkourgan Addicted member
    Networker Editor

City:
    Berlin
    Living In:
    Germany
    Nationality:
    American (US)
    Languages:
    English, a little Deutsch
    Hello and welcome!

Are you planning to move to India and are worried about the moving process? One of the first steps to succeed with your expatriation is to properly prepare yourself for the move.

How should you arrange the move? Can you do-it-yourself with help from friends, or do you need help from a professional international mover?

What do you plan to take and to leave? Will you need all your furniture, or will it be easier/cheaper to buy most things once you have arrived? Are electrical appliances compatible in India?

How can you bring your car? Is it worth it?

What tips and advice can you share with us about your move to India? If you are preparing for your move currently – what questions do you have? If you have already completed a move – what are your tips?

Thanks in advance for sharing!

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  2. Yue7

Yue7 New Member

City:
    Brunico
    Living In:
    Italy
    Nationality:
    Italian (IT)
    Languages:
    Italiano, Deutsch, English
    Emigrate to India

Hi @ all!

My name is Stefanie and I live in Italy but want to emigrate to India. See, I had a horrible past and was having a hard time lately as well, and I just want to leave it all behind. I've known a boy from India who is helping me alot and I just feel the need to be with him. He gives me peace. I am going through a transformation which my family does not understand nor accept and often I feel like dragged down, whereby when I just talk to my boyfriend I feel at ease. I feel protected and loved. He accepts me for who I am and I just feel like we are one.
    India attracts me since a long time now and allthough after my first visit I never wanted to go there again, it's still the place i want to live. I want to know the country, the ppl, the culture; travel and just be at peace with my boyfriend.

Now, I've seen, for Italians there are tourist visa for a max. of 6 months, which I'd like to avoid, because I don't want to come back here, because I have no place to stay if I leave it all, while waiting for another 6 months visa... A student or work visa is also difficult to attain i guess, since i have no high school degree nor any education for any work. I've seen there is a visa for volountary work but I did not inform about any organization I could be in... See, since I have the opportunity, I would like to donate to some charity organization to help ppl for in exchange work with them and just stay in India (for longer than 6 months or 1 year). I'd just like to stay there forever lol... It'd be a pleasure visit some course of Yoga / Ayurveda, ect. if you can you give me a hint? Or...what other possibilities are there??
    If there is no solution, I'll make the tourist visa for 6 months; but is there a possibility I can extend that visa directly from India then? Or any other possibility to just not come back here?

please help me and thanks in advance<3

nice greets, Stefanie

3. texkourgan

texkourgan Addicted member
    Networker Editor

City:
    Berlin
    Living In:
    Germany
    Nationality:
    American (US)
    Languages:
    English, a little Deutsch
    Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  4. Yue7

Yue7 New Member

City:
    Brunico
    Living In:
    Italy
    Nationality:
    Italian (IT)
    Languages:
    Italiano, Deutsch, English
    Re: Emigrate to India

okay, i'll check it out, thank you:)