Forum Immigration UK

Forum of expats in the Immigration UK: Ask questions and participate to discussions concerning expatriation.

Search the whole website

User's Charter  -  Help  -  Terms and Rules  -  Privacy Policy

✎ EN Permanent UK residency - non-EEA Family Member

Discussion in 'Immigration UK' started by sgs42, Jan 13, 2015.

1. sgs42

sgs42 New Member

Living In:
    United Kingdom
    Nationality:
    Trinidadian (TT)
    Languages:
    English
    Hello,

I'm hoping someone could advice me. I am a non-EEA family member of an EEA National. I obtained a Resience Card (as a family member of an EEA National) on 27th July 2010. This residence card expires in July 2015. I would now like to apply for Permanent Residency in the UK. My husband has been living in the UK since my Residence card was issued (he's Italian) but I took up a job with a British pharma company in Belgium from January 2011 to December 2013; however, remained a resident of the UK. I visited the UK approximately every other weekend and I spent all my holidays (48 days holiday per year)in the UK. For the last year I have not been outside of the UK except for about 20 days in total. Gathering from the EEA4 application form, I must not have been outside the UK for more than 450 days over the 5 year period. However, I have spent more than 450 days outside the UK while working in Belgium. Will this be a problem for me to obtain permanent residency in the UK?

Thank you.

sgs42