Forum Cyprus

Community of expats Cyprus: share your experience on expatriation, get local information.

Register  -  Login  -  FAQ

Advanced search  - Search the whole website

User's Charter

Language:
Stay connected

Au Pair in Cyprus

Forum قبرص, Zypern, Chipre, Chypre, Κύπρος, キプロス, Cipro, Cyprus, Cypr, Chipre, Кипр, 塞浦路斯, 塞浦路斯: قبرص, Zypern, Chipre, Chypre, Κύπρος, キプロス, Cipro, Cyprus, Cypr, Chipre, Кипр, 塞浦路斯, 塞浦路斯

Au Pair in Cyprus

Postby texkourgan » Fri Jul 05, 2013 3:17 pm

Hello and welcome!

Working as an au pair is a great way to become familiar with another culture, discover life abroad, and/or to practice and improve a foreign language.

What advice would you give to prospective au pairs in Cyprus?

How did you find your family? Are you part of an agency? How did you find your agency – by putting up an ad or through word-of-mouth? You may use EasyExpat’s Au Pair listings in Cyprus.

How do you like the work and your family? Are you offered pocket money? What tasks are you asked to do – cleaning, cooking, or just childcare? Do you have free time?

What other activities do you like to do? Are you able to make friends? Have you had to learn the language?

Please share your experience with the other forum members. Many thanks in advance! :D
texkourgan

Back in Berlin!

City: Berlin
Nationality: United States (us)
Living in: Germany
Languages: English, a little Deutsch

Re: Au Pair in Cyprus

Postby Kintala » Fri Oct 06, 2017 6:42 am

Hi!

I live in Cyprus, I am Italian and I would like to host an american Au pair from January on. I asked the woman from the HR at my husband's company but she told me that this option is not possible in Cyprus. Can this be true??? It sounds so strange to me. She told me that If I want a nunny I have to follow the Domestic Worker procedure.

Could you help me?

Thanks!
Ida

Kintala

City: NICOSIA
Nationality: Italy (it)
Living in: Italy
Languages: Italian, English

Re: Au Pair in Cyprus

Postby Cyrilexpat » Fri Oct 06, 2017 12:12 pm

Hello Ida,

You will find more information in our article about au pair in Cyprus.
Maybe the HR lady, used to work regulation and work visa, thought that it was similar? Indeed if you want to employ a au-pair outside the European Union that person will need a visa, but it can be arranged.
You will find plenty of testimony on the Internet.

Best of luck and see you soon on the forum :wave:
Take a few seconds to upload a :arrow: profile photo: it will be nicer and all your messages will have a much greater visibility 8-)
Cyrilexpat

City: London
Nationality: France (fr)
Living in: United Kingdom
Languages: Français, English, Italiano (un pó)