Forum Barcelona

Community of expats Barcelona: share your experience on expatriation, get local information.

Register  -  Login  -  FAQ

Advanced search  - Search the whole website

User's Charter

Language:
Stay connected

Au Pair in Barcelona

Forum برشلونة, Barcelona, Barcelona, Barcelone, Βαρκελώνη, バルセロナ, Barcellona, Barcelona, Barcelona, Barcelona, Барселона, 巴塞罗那, 巴塞羅那: برشلونة, Barcelona, Barcelona, Barcelone, Βαρκελώνη, バルセロナ, Barcellona, Barcelona, Barcelona, Barcelona, Барселона, 巴塞罗那, 巴塞羅那

Au Pair in Barcelona

Postby texkourgan » Thu Aug 29, 2013 8:18 am

Hello and welcome!

Working as an au pair is a great way to become familiar with another culture, discover life abroad, and/or to practice and improve a foreign language.

What advice would you give to prospective au pairs in Barcelona?

How did you find your family? Are you part of an agency? How did you find your agency – by putting up an ad or through word-of-mouth? You may use EasyExpat’s Au Pair listings in Barcelona.

How do you like the work and your family? Are you offered pocket money? What tasks are you asked to do – cleaning, cooking, or just childcare? Do you have free time?

What other activities do you like to do? Are you able to make friends? Have you had to learn the language?

Please share your experience with the other forum members. Many thanks in advance!
texkourgan

Back in Berlin!

City: Berlin
Nationality: United States (us)
Living in: Germany
Languages: English, a little Deutsch

Au pair Barcelone

Postby mb76 » Sun Feb 23, 2014 8:47 pm

Bonjour,

Âgée de 22 ans je désire travailler en tant qu'au pair (idéalement à Barcelone) le plus vite possible pour une durée de 4 à 5 mois. Je suis motivée pour m'intégrer dans une famille et c'est avec joie que je viendrai découvrir votre univers et la culture de votre pays.

N'hésitez pas à venir échanger avec moi.

A très bientôt !

Marion

Hello,

I am 22 years old. I wish to work as au pair as quickly as possible for a duration from 4 to 5 months. I am motivated to become integrated into a family and It's with enjoyment that I shall come to discover your universe and the culture of your country.

Don't hesitate to exchange with me.

See you soon !

Marion

mb76

City: Rouen
Nationality: France (fr)
Living in: France
Languages: Francais, Anglais, Espagnol

Re: Au Pair in Barcelona

Postby texkourgan » Mon Feb 24, 2014 10:15 am

Hello Marion! I moved your post to the au pair in Barcelona thread so people can find your listing and share info.

I recommend the Guide to Barcelona's section on being an au pair in Spain as well as finding work in Barcelona. Also, post your CV on the site as well as searching for job offers in Spain.

Anyone else have tips? Best of luck!
texkourgan

Back in Berlin!

City: Berlin
Nationality: United States (us)
Living in: Germany
Languages: English, a little Deutsch

Re: Au Pair in Barcelona

Postby MartaDominguez » Fri Jul 14, 2017 11:54 am

I would like to encourage all of you of participate of this idea. Being au pair is an excellent idea for all those girls who are still studying, does not have a big budget to travel and want to learn a new language. I was au pair for two summers in Dublin and I still feel very grateful with my host family.

MartaDominguez
Backpacker
Backpacker

City: Barcelona
Nationality: Andorra (ad)
Living in: Spain
Languages: spanish, french, catalan, english