Forum Spain

Forum of expats in Spain: Ask questions and participate to discussions concerning expatriation.

Search the whole website

User's Charter  -  Help  -  Terms and Rules  -  Privacy Policy

✎ EN Spain: Solar power

Discussion in 'Spain' started by EasyExpat, Mar 20, 2005.

1. EasyExpat

EasyExpat Administrator
    Staff Member

City:
    London
    Living In:
    United Kingdom
    Nationality:
    British (GB)
    Languages:
    English, Français
    According to the website http://www.solarplaza.com/:
    You will find more information in the SolarPlaza report.

2. Energia Solar

Energia Solar New Member

City:
    Castellon
    Firstly visit Eco-Idae as the schemes change every year, then visit your local scheme, such as Aven for valencia, or Prosol for Andalucia.

if more information is needed on subsidies, feel free to call our head office on 964 157 293

3. Energia Solar

Energia Solar New Member

City:
    Castellon
    New grants will be available for 2006.

Please visit our website www.energiass.com or call our offices on 964 157 293

Regards

Scot

4. MetroSolar

MetroSolar New Member

Solar Power in Spain is Getting more affordable and there are indeed government grants available in certain Autonomous Communitites. The Spanish government are also intending to make Solar Powe compulsory in new buildings.

5. calhalla

calhalla New Member

City:
    Marbella
    New Grant System for Solar Thermal in Spain

There is a new grant system for 2009 in Spain and a also a new feed-in tariff for solar photovoltaic.

Grants are possible for replacement of fossil fuel systems. When the grant application is accepted the amount is deducted from the amount the client pays, the invoice (factura) and then the grant is paid to the installation company.

You can find more information by going to Prosol for Andalucia, or you can visit this web site
    http://www.pretasol.com/en/residential/grants-feed-in-tariffs/

6. mike4t

mike4t Member

City:
    Alicante
    Living In:
    Spain
    Nationality:
    British (GB)
    Languages:
    un poco espanol
  7. EasyExpat

EasyExpat Administrator
    Staff Member

City:
    London
    Living In:
    United Kingdom
    Nationality:
    British (GB)
    Languages:
    English, Français
    What is not the case? The grant? How does it work then? :geek:

8. mike4t

mike4t Member

City:
    Alicante
    Living In:
    Spain
    Nationality:
    British (GB)
    Languages:
    un poco espanol
    In Valencia, the application must be made by the property owner and they must submit it prior to the commencement of work, the application also needs to be accompanied by 3 proposals from different companies. Once the full application has been received and accepted (NB this is not approval or an indication that a grant will be payable) the applicant can then proceed with the work. The work must be fully certified and all project documentation, receipts and invoices must be dated in line with the application approval, once the installation is complete the final submissions are made and sent for approval, the wait then can be up to 18months before any response is received, usually in the form of a letter confirming approval of the grant and requesting more documentation, which was not requested in the first place, as I said in another post, it is advisable to use a professional Gestoria who has experience in this process for both the application requirements and submission to the AGency respobsible.
    our experience is that this works and we have been successful in this process over the last 4 years in acheiving grants for our customers.
    Mike

9. arosmith

arosmith New Member

City:
    Manhattan
    Living In:
    Usa
    Nationality:
    American (US)
    Languages:
    English
    An extra benefit to adding a solar system to your home apart from the considerable reduction in fuel bills, is it also improves the efficiency of your existing boiler and extends it's life too.

10. mike4t

mike4t Member

City:
    Alicante
    Living In:
    Spain
    Nationality:
    British (GB)
    Languages:
    un poco espanol
    HMMMMM,,,,,Sort of,
    It doesnt improve the efficiency of your Boiler, your boiler will continue to work in the same way with the same problems and opportunities, integrating a Thermal Solar water solution will save money(up to 70% of water heating costs per annum in our location) by providing direct hot water when sufficient solar source available, or will act as "preheater" for your water being fed to the boiler in say the winter period when solar gain is not enough to produce water at usable workable heat, reducing the work it(the boiler)c has to do, but not necessarily its(the boiler) overall efficiency by any great margin.

11. nickimia

nickimia New Member

City:
    alaska
    Living In:
    Albania
    Nationality:
    Albanian (AL)
    Languages:
    english
    This is very useful information because i am going to install a commercial boiler. Thanks for sharing.

12. mike4t

mike4t Member

City:
    Alicante
    Living In:
    Spain
    Nationality:
    British (GB)
    Languages:
    un poco espanol
    If you are going to install a boiler ( and this is given without any knowledge of what you are going to heat or use), I would suggest the only real way forward would be with Biomass solutions,
    My reasoning is
    Fossil fuels(Fossible based fuels inc Elect at this time) ( however efficient the boiler etc is) will continue to rise in cost,
    Oil is a very insecure supply source given EU on/off relations with the main producers, I havent looked lately at the % of Elect that comes from Oil or Gas, but think it is maybe still the biggest primary source

With say a Wood pellet or Wood burner solution, there could be a lot of local resource available and accessible at much lower costs.
    this of course will depend on your circumstance.

13. yaccie

yaccie New Member

Living In:
    Spain
    Nationality:
    British (GB)
    Languages:
    English
    Hi - wondering if anyone has any info on grants available for solar in Mallorca. Want to connect to hot water and existing oil fired boiler.... any info very welcome. Thanks.

14. geoff077

geoff077 New Member

City:
    fuengirola
    Living In:
    Spain
    Nationality:
    British (GB)
    Languages:
    English Spanish
    hi i have made my own solar pv panels and i want to connect to the grid in costa Del sol how do i go about organising this with the electric supplier and what way will it be metered will i have to install the meter or will the electric company do this.
    i have the old spinning wheel meter and i need to change to the new meter and install this icp box so i imagine to do everything all in one go

15. neetnpete

neetnpete New Member

Living In:
    United Kingdom
    Nationality:
    British (GB)
    Languages:
    english
    Re: Spain: Solar power - Menorca

we have a holiday home in Menorca - it is a block consisting of just 7 maisonettes. I am looking at the possibility of having a solar system but can anyone tell me whether it is similar to UK where you sell back to national grid any unused electricity?
    If so, any idea how I go about it.
    thanks for your help