Forum Egypt

Forum of expats in Egypt: Ask questions and participate to discussions concerning expatriation.

Search the whole website

User's Charter  -  Help  -  Terms and Rules  -  Privacy Policy

☛ EN Advice New Members in Egypt: Welcome!

Discussion in 'Egypt' started by texkourgan, Jun 25, 2013.

1. texkourgan

texkourgan Addicted member
    Networker Editor

City:
    Berlin
    Living In:
    Germany
    Nationality:
    American (US)
    Languages:
    English, a little Deutsch
    Hello and welcome to EasyExpat.com -

This topic is specifically dedicated to new comers in Egypt. We invite you to introduce yourself here!

Why have you come here? Is it for internship? Studies? A job? Or simply in order to discover new lands?

If you have already secured a job, how did you find it? How long do you think you will stay in Egypt?

How was your move? What happened for your first steps here?

What was the easiest thing / the most difficult to adapt to?

If you are looking for a full guide, check out the Expat Guide to Cairo as well as reading the answers here on the forum. Thanks in advance for your answers and here’s to a good discussion! :D

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  2. MattandAmal

MattandAmal New Member

City:
    Cairo
    Living In:
    Egypt
    Nationality:
    British (GB)
    Languages:
    English, Arabic
    Hi there im Matt ive been here for two years now but have only just started using this forum. I got married 3 months ago to my Egyptian wife (the most beaurocratic experience of my life). I live in Maadi, I like chess and am always looking for people to play with. Im starting to realize I will be a life long Arabic student as well and always enjoy having a chance to speak it. I have a pet hotel on street 10 which I run with my wife. Pets are people too. We also rescue injured street animals and rehabilitate and vaccinate them for free. Lots of love Matt and Amal

#2 MattandAmal, Oct 2, 2019
    Last edited: Oct 2, 2019