Forum Thailand

Forum of expats in Thailand: Ask questions and participate to discussions concerning expatriation.

Search the whole website

User's Charter  -  Help  -  Terms and Rules  -  Privacy Policy

✎ EN New expat job in Thailand - what benefits should I ask for?

Discussion in 'Thailand' started by simon43, Sep 24, 2006.

1. simon43

simon43 New Member

Hi - I'm new to this forum, so hallo to everyone!

I've been living in Thailand for 4 years, but doing software consultancy work for overseas clients. As such, I simply receive a monthly income and no employment benefits.

However, I have now been offered permanent employment, based in Thailand, and involving short-term travel to other south-east Asia countries. The package consists of a base salary and 'benefits'. The benefits are not defined, and my employer wants me to suggest some!

I can think of the following that I should ask for:

1 - Medical insurance, (hopefully also for my family)
    2 - Company credit-card (else I will be paying out a lot up front out of my own money for the business air-tickets

Anything else that people can suggest? I speak Thai, but would like to learn another language if it's relevant to my job, (such as Mandarin). Maybe they can pay for my language lessons?

I don't want to be greedy, but I do want to make sure that I don't forget any important benefits!

Thanks for your advice

Simon

PS - Posted in the general forum cos there are more users and the Asia forum was full of spam!!

2. EasyExpat

EasyExpat Administrator
    Staff Member

City:
    London
    Living In:
    United Kingdom
    Nationality:
    British (GB)
    Languages:
    English, Français
    Re: New expat job - what benefits should I ask for?

There are more users in the other forums because the Asia forum has just been opened for 2 weeks :)
    In addition we try to limitate the number of spam messages but until recently there was not specific section dedicated to Asia so it was lost in the middle of the other messages.
    Therefore I move your message... ;)