Forum Travel

Forum of expats Travel: Ask questions and participate to discussions concerning expatriation.

Search the whole website

User's Charter  -  Help  -  Terms and Rules  -  Privacy Policy

✎ EN Multiple Entry Schegen Visa

Discussion in 'Travel' started by darkphoenix6, Sep 20, 2010.

1. darkphoenix6

darkphoenix6 Member

Living In:
    Usa
    Nationality:
    Bangladeshi (BD)
    Languages:
    english
    Hi I am a Bangladeshi National but I am a permanent resident in the united states. I am a student studying engineering and I also have a decent job with an engineering company. I really want to visit my boyfriend who is American on a study abroad program in Germany and i was hoping to visit him during thanksgiving, spring break and summer vacation. I was really hoping to get a 1 year multiple entry visa however it seems that its rarely given out. I am applying at the consulate in Boston and I am getting letters from both my University advisor and my boss. I also have about 10k in my bank account and have purchased one plane ticket with travel insurance. Does anyone know how i can increase my chances of getting a 1 year multi entry visa? or if it is even plausible for me to get one? I speak fluent English and i have been to china, Malaysia, Nepal and Thailand without ever overstaying. Also if i get denied/ get a short visit instead of the one year what are my chances of getting another visa if i apply again? Any advice would be greatly appreciated! Thanks!

2. Yousafzai

Yousafzai Addicted member

City:
    London
    Living In:
    United Kingdom
    Nationality:
    Pakistani (PK)
    Languages:
    English, Urdu, Pashto
    Its almost impossible to get a Schengen visa for that long on the first time. Also depends on which country's embassy do you apply in. France usually gives out visa for longer term but again, getting a visa for one year when applying for the first time is most probably not going to happen.

3. darkphoenix6

darkphoenix6 Member

Living In:
    Usa
    Nationality:
    Bangladeshi (BD)
    Languages:
    english
    So would it be better to apply for a single entry instead of even stating multiple entry on my application? Should i just put exactly how many days i would go for the first time?

4. darkphoenix6

darkphoenix6 Member

Living In:
    Usa
    Nationality:
    Bangladeshi (BD)
    Languages:
    english
    So would it be better to apply for a single entry instead of even stating multiple entry on my application? Should i just put exactly how many days i would go for the first time?

5. Yousafzai

City:
    London
    Living In:
    United Kingdom
    Nationality:
    Pakistani (PK)
    Languages:
    English, Urdu, Pashto
    No you should still request a multiple visa for one year on the application form. You might get lucky.

6. darkphoenix6

darkphoenix6 Member

Living In:
    Usa
    Nationality:
    Bangladeshi (BD)
    Languages:
    english
    In order to do that would I have to buy all the tickets for my trips? Also do you think 8k-10k is enough money to prove financial independence? I am just really nervous. What do you think my chances are based on my profile?

7. Yousafzai

City:
    London
    Living In:
    United Kingdom
    Nationality:
    Pakistani (PK)
    Languages:
    English, Urdu, Pashto
    No you don't need to buy tickets for all your trips in the next one year !!

Do the reservations for your next trip, put in all the confirmations of your itinerary and you can mention in the form that you are requesting one year multiple entry visa because you would like to travel on several occasions to see your partner.

I don't believe it should be much of a hassle for you to get a Schengen visa but how long would they allow it for depends on nothing but themselves.

Good luck

8. darkphoenix6

darkphoenix6 Member

Living In:
    Usa
    Nationality:
    Bangladeshi (BD)
    Languages:
    english
    Where would i place my reason for asking for multiple visas on the form? There doesnt seem to be a box where I would put that? Also I already bought the first ticket but I will reserve the others instead. Thank you for your help. I really appreciate all the incite you have provided thus far.

9. Yousafzai

City:
    London
    Living In:
    United Kingdom
    Nationality:
    Pakistani (PK)
    Languages:
    English, Urdu, Pashto
    On the application forms you usually have a section at the end asking if there is anything else you would like to mention in connection with your application. If there is no such space to do that, put in a cover letter and explain why would you want to have a multiple visa for longer term.

10. darkphoenix6

darkphoenix6 Member

Living In:
    Usa
    Nationality:
    Bangladeshi (BD)
    Languages:
    english
    Would this be acceptable?

26/09/2010
    German Consulate of Boston

To Whom it may concern:
    I am writing this cover letter to better explain the information provided in my visa application. I am hoping to acquire the multiple entry visa to Germany to visit my partner who is residing there currently. I would like to visit him for thanksgiving break, spring break and for some time during the summer. The dates for this are as follows :
    23/11/2010-29/11/2010, 19/03/2011-29/03/2011, and 20/5/2011-19/6/2011.
    This would total to approximately 51 days.
    Currently my partner is a resident in Germany living in Braunschweig as an engineering student of the Technische Universität Braunschweig . I have acquired the insurance needed to cover all days included on that list along with extra days around those dates. I have also acquired letters from my employer stating that it is acceptable for me to be absent during these days and University information stating that these dates are breaks between my curriculum work. Although I have never been to any Schegen states before, I have traveled on visit visas to multiple countries.
    Sincerely,

Your Signature

11. Yousafzai

City:
    London
    Living In:
    United Kingdom
    Nationality:
    Pakistani (PK)
    Languages:
    English, Urdu, Pashto
    Yes that sounds good :) even though I would remove 'This totals up to 51 Days'.

Good luck