Forum Bangalore

Forum of expats in Bangalore: Ask questions and participate to discussions concerning expatriation.

Search the whole website

User's Charter  -  Help  -  Terms and Rules  -  Privacy Policy

✎ EN Moving to Bangalore

Discussion in 'Bangalore' started by sophie2, Jan 7, 2008.

1. sophie2

sophie2 New Member

Good morning,

We are a French family with 3 children (12,9,7 years old) moving maybe by the end of the year to Bangalore. Is there any one who could give me some tips about school , house and so on. What about bringing our 2 years old dog with us there....?
    Thank you for your replies.
    Sophie

2. Rebecca1807

Rebecca1807 New Member

City:
    Bangalore
    Hey Sophie,

well my daughter is 7 years old and will be turning 8 shortly.. its been 2 years now that she is at IIS ( india international school) she love it there so much that she doesnt want to go back to france for the holidays lol they are teaching her so much now she speak French English Indie and some other indian language and she became a pro in math its a great school with lots of facilities they have there own swimming pool as well as Tennis and so much more so if you want try to get a look at it online:)
    wish you well

3. sheetal and co

sheetal and co New Member

City:
    UK
    International Schools Bangalore

Hi there,
    My husband and I along with our 3 children (7,5 and 2) will be moving to Bangalore at the end of December 2008. We are currently looking for International schools near the Sarjapur area. We're considering TISB, IIS and Inventure. I've read good and bad things about TISB and Inventure. I've only read one positive comment on the IIS, but cannot get through to them about their admissions procedure. Am really confused about schooling, please help with further clarity on personal experiences of any of the above mentioned schools and any other worth considering. Many thanks :confused:

4. yahoodewan

yahoodewan New Member

Re: International Schools Bangalore

Hi Sophie

My name is Rita.I live in Bangalore for the past 15 years.I run service apartments in bangalore.

To help you with info on bangalore schools and housing,I thought it will be gud for you to take a house near your children's school.
    To tell you about schools here,we have lot of international schools.I have been ateacher in the past so can tell you about schools from both the perspectives.
    There are schools like ADITI MALLAYA,THE INTERNATIONAL SCHOOL OF BANGALORE,GEAR"S INTERNATIONAL,BANGALORE INTERNATIONAL and VALLEY SCHOOL which impart truely international education.Many expats admit their children in these schools since they can relate to the schools.

You may visit the websites of these schools to get more idea about these schools.Asearch on GOOGLE will give you the links to tese schools.

As for the housing part,you have a choice between apartments and villas.Depending on the location of your kid's school or your workplace,you can look for accomodation either in whitefield area in bangalore,where you get gud villas for rent and if keen on apartments then look for places either in south bangalore,south-east bangalore or central bangalore.
    There is lot of variety available.

You may bring your dog,no problem.

In case you need more info,do write back to me or call me at +919900578231.

All the best

rita dewan

5. catseyes

catseyes Member

City:
    BANGALORE
    Hello

I am moving to Bangalore next month as my husband is taking a new assignment there ....any advise or help to find out a flat when i'll be there.
    thanks

6. catseyes

catseyes Member

City:
    BANGALORE
    Forgot to add that I am in Paris , i am frenchso if there are french people in bangalore i'll be happy to have their feedbacks ...amis français bonjour !

7. kamalchandel

kamalchandel New Member

City:
    New Delhi
    Living In:
    India
    Nationality:
    Indian (IN)
    Languages:
    English
    There are lots of good private schools and government schools in india. Many website provide some list of schools in bangalore you can check one of a good india education website i.e. http://www.indiaacademic.com

8. maddyj

maddyj New Member

Living In:
    India
    Nationality:
    Indian (IN)
    Languages:
    english
    Hello Sophie,
    You might want to look at Inventure Academy as well. I went through a number of schools myself last year before I enrolled my son here. I must say I am very happy with my son's progress. They encourage all round development of the kids.
    You might want to visit their website http://inventureacademy.com/

9. Hevinjose

Hevinjose New Member

Living In:
    India
    Nationality:
    Indian (IN)
    Languages:
    English
    Bangalore International School

Hello Kamalchandel,
    Bangalore is the best place to grow up well through school education as technically. So, best international education you will get from Trio World School, Stonehill, TISB and so many schools. But i can suggest Trio World School among these international schools in Bangalore, India. Because my cousin is studying in the school 7th Grade. He is growing up very faster in education. I am very happy with that from Trio World School. For more information you can visit their site http://www.trioworldschool.com