Forum Immigration UK

Forum of expats in the Immigration UK: Ask questions and participate to discussions concerning expatriation.

Search the whole website

User's Charter  -  Help  -  Terms and Rules  -  Privacy Policy

✎ EN Moving back to UK? SO confused.

Discussion in 'Immigration UK' started by Jodilynn0303, Jan 28, 2011.

1. Jodilynn0303

Jodilynn0303 New Member

City:
    Columbus
    Living In:
    Usa
    Nationality:
    American (US)
    Languages:
    English
    Hi, I am American married to Britishman... we've been married 4.5 years. I lived in England from 2006-2008 with him and then we moved to the USA. I was there on a spousal visa but we moved before I filed the permanent residency there because of the cost of living. So we moved to USA and he had permanent residency here. My question is... do I need to re-apply for a spousal visa to go back? We are needing to return to the UK for his family and I am unsure if I can just return or need to go through all the channels again. We have 2 kids but are both British citizens so they will have no problem but I want to make sure I do everything the right way. Thanks for any help as we need to return next year :)

2. Yousafzai

Yousafzai Addicted member

City:
    London
    Living In:
    United Kingdom
    Nationality:
    Pakistani (PK)
    Languages:
    English, Urdu, Pashto
    I guess by returning you mean moving to UK for good ? in that case you will need a spouse visa. You might well be entitled for ILR because you have been married more than four years but I would suggest you check that with UKBA directly.

Good luck !

3. Jodilynn0303

Jodilynn0303 New Member

City:
    Columbus
    Living In:
    Usa
    Nationality:
    American (US)
    Languages:
    English
    Hi, I do mean returning to UK for good. I checked into the ILR and I think I qualify so I will be looking into that. Do you know of a website that tells the steps for applying for that? I would really appreciate your help. Thanks so much :)