Forum Paris

Forum of expats in Paris: Ask questions and participate to discussions concerning expatriation.

Search the whole website

User's Charter  -  Help  -  Terms and Rules  -  Privacy Policy

✎ EN MailDrop mail/postal services in Paris?

Discussion in 'Paris' started by MED-IA, Sep 22, 2014.

1. MED-IA

MED-IA New Member

City:
    Paris
    Living In:
    France
    Nationality:
    German (DE)
    Languages:
    Deutsch, English
    Je recherche un prestataire à Paris, qui proposerait une adresse postale physique classique, à laquelle il serait possible d‘envoyer des lettres et des paquets. On pourrait faire suivre le courrier en attente à cette adresse, scanné par par e-mail ou par FAX. AmericanExpress proposait un tel service qui s’appelait le« client mail service ». Qui connaîtrait actuellement un prestataire pour un service similaire de « MailDrop » ?
    J’avais trouvé un prestataire qui, en plus, proposait un tarif réduit pour les journalistes. Mais j’ai malheureusement perdu ses coordonnées. Avez-vous une idée ? Merci !

I am looking for a service in Paris that would give me a normal postal address where letters and packages could be sent. From this street address, mail could also be forwarded, or scanned via email or fax. American Express had this type of "client mail service". Does anybody know of any providers in Paris with this kind of “MailDrop” service? I had found one that offered something similar to journalists at a discount; unfortunately, the documents that were sent to me got lost. Ideas? Thank you!

Ich suche in Paris einen Anbieter, der eine ganz normale physische Postadresse anbietet an die man sich Briefe und Pakete senden lassen kann. Von dieser Straßenadresse kann man sich die gesammelte Post weitersenden lassen, gescannt per E-Mail oder FAX. AmericanExpress hatte dies als „client mail service“. Wer kennt aktuell Anbieter eines solchen „MailDrop“-Dienstes? Ich hatte schon einen Anbieter gefunden, der dazu für Journalisten einen Rabatt anbot. Leider sind mir die Unterlagen abhanden gekommen. Ideen? Danke!

2. Cyrilexpat

Cyrilexpat Administrator
    Staff Member Editor

City:
    London
    Living In:
    United Kingdom
    Nationality:
    French (FR)
    Languages:
    Français, English, Italiano (un pó)
    Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  3. MED-IA

MED-IA New Member

City:
    Paris
    Living In:
    France
    Nationality:
    German (DE)
    Languages:
    Deutsch, English
    Sorry! It is NOT what I am looking for!
    A) The physical postal address is NOT in Paris, not Zip-Code 75000!
    B) It is NOT a normal street address (name, street, city): It is an address with "c/o", "care of" like a PB/BP.

4. Cyrilexpat

Cyrilexpat Administrator
    Staff Member Editor

City:
    London
    Living In:
    United Kingdom
    Nationality:
    French (FR)
    Languages:
    Français, English, Italiano (un pó)
    Ok I mis-read and did not see it was specific to Paris.
    However they say:
    They don't say where in France. Maybe if you call them they will tell you that there is a possibility to get a mailbox in Paris.
    For Courrier du Voyageur (CDV) they say indeed :
    You can find some virtual offices with addresses specifically in Paris:
    http://www.yourcityoffice.co.uk/virtual ... -paris.php
    http://www.buronetwork.fr/en/virtual-offices
    But they all seem business related.

Why do you want specifically Paris? As you can forward the mails to anywhere, it can be sent to a PO Box in Paris if you want.

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  5. MED-IA

MED-IA New Member

City:
    Paris
    Living In:
    France
    Nationality:
    German (DE)
    Languages:
    Deutsch, English
    It is easy:
    PARIS is a locaion everyone knows already like all other large cities in the world.
    And everyone can write the name without a problem ... :))