Forum Dubai

Community of expats Dubai: share your experience on expatriation, get local information.

Register  -  Login  -  FAQ

Advanced search  - Search the whole website

User's Charter

Language:
Stay connected

Looking to move to dubai

Forum دبي, Dubai, Dubai, Dubaï, Ντουμπάι, ドバイ, Dubai, Dubai, Dubaj, Dubai, Дубай, 杜拜, 杜拜: دبي, Dubai, Dubai, Dubaï, Ντουμπάι, ドバイ, Dubai, Dubai, Dubaj, Dubai, Дубай, 杜拜, 杜拜

Looking to move to dubai

Postby ariaziani » Thu May 05, 2011 6:46 pm

hi.

my name is houria am 26 years old i ve a degree in translation and experience of two years as translator and executive assistant in foreign companies in algeria.
am actually looking to move to dubai to work and live, ive submitted in some UAE job serach websites and applied fo some positions but this i feel that is not enough
i wish i can get some help from people already there or people with knowledge and experience.

thank you

ariaziani

City: ain temouchent
Nationality: Algeria (dz)
Living in: Algeria
Languages: fracais, anglais, arabe, italien

Re: Looking to move to dubai

Postby texkourgan » Fri May 06, 2011 7:10 am

Unfortunately I can't contribute to this discussion personally, but I would advice that you consult EasyExpat's Dubai guide with a section on employment. You can even download the full guide as a pdf.

Hope that helps!
texkourgan

Back in Berlin!

City: Berlin
Nationality: United States (us)
Living in: Germany
Languages: English, a little Deutsch

Postby ariaziani » Fri May 06, 2011 6:27 pm

already did that
thanks for ur interest and help
ciao

ariaziani

City: ain temouchent
Nationality: Algeria (dz)
Living in: Algeria
Languages: fracais, anglais, arabe, italien

Postby SandraZ » Thu Oct 13, 2011 2:00 pm

Hi ariaziani

It's going to be difficult to find a translation job in Dubai as there are so many people here who are in this field. Normally for mid and low paying jobs companies will hire locally. If they recruit you from overseas they are looking for high paid executives.

Here is a list of the translation companies: http://dubai.angloinfo.com/af/324/dubai ... eters.html. Contact them directly, they may have some openings.

Good luck with your job search, Dubai is a fantastic place to live once you get here. :)

SandraZ

Nationality: Canada (ca)
Living in: France
Languages: English

Postby anjamtm » Mon Oct 19, 2015 7:01 am

Hey All,

I just moved to Dubai from Moscow and we were looking for localities to reside at. I am a commercial pilot so I keep traveling on work. I need a safe place to reside with my wife and daughter. I was looking at the palms to get a property on rent but just like Moscow, the rentals are exorbitant. I am fine with paying a huge sum of money as rent but I need my family to be safe. I have heard that the locals in Dubai can get a little discriminating and harm foreign nationals.

Also, Suggestions for good restaurants, cinemas, schools, packers and movers to move my stuff will all be appreciated.

anjamtm
Backpacker
Backpacker

City: Dubai, UAE
Nationality: United Arab Emirates (ae)
Living in: United Arab Emirates
Languages: English

Postby Cyrilexpat » Mon Nov 02, 2015 12:10 pm

Regarding location, activities and schools, you should refer to our guide for exaptriation to Dubai: http://www.easyexpat.com/en/dubai.htm

Best of luck ! :-)
Take a few seconds to upload a :arrow: profile photo: it will be nicer and all your messages will have a much greater visibility 8-)
Cyrilexpat

City: London
Nationality: France (fr)
Living in: United Kingdom
Languages: Français, English, Italiano (un pó)

Postby abdul kadir » Tue Nov 21, 2017 7:46 am

Translation jobs are always demanded but for that purpose my opinion is that you should visit dubai personally and visit offices on location that will surely help a lot in finding job.

abdul kadir
Backpacker
Backpacker

Nationality: United Arab Emirates (ae)
Living in: United Arab Emirates
Languages: Arabic English