Forum Montreal

Forum of expats in Montreal: Ask questions and participate to discussions concerning expatriation.

Search the whole website

User's Charter  -  Help  -  Terms and Rules  -  Privacy Policy

✎ EN Looking for friends in Montreal

Discussion in 'Montreal' started by steph74, May 2, 2004.

1. funguy

funguy Member

City:
    Montreal
    Living In:
    Canada
    Nationality:
    Indian (IN)
    Languages:
    English
    hello there.
    im in my early 30's, waiting to make friends. Montrealz a gr8 place, worth to enjoy it with company, its football season too, and whats the fun without company! anybody interested out there, do drop in a line, we can meet for a coffee or beer, both r ok :)

2. sterberger

sterberger New Member

City:
    Montréal
    Living In:
    Canada
    Nationality:
    American (US)
    Languages:
    English, Français
    Hey guys! I moved to montréal about 2 months ago, and i live with my boyfriend, so the only people i really know are through him. As great as that is, i really need some friends here of my own to hang out with!

I'm originally from indiana and i just graduated university in may with a degree in french and telecommunications (video/audio/motion graphics). My sense of humour is absurd and nerdy. :eek: i like art, music, theatre, cheese, and cats among other sporatic things. I'm 21, et évidement, je parle français aussi. I'm not too keen on the club scene, but i'll go to the bar with friends if invited. I like museums and festivals and road trips and i'd love to have an excuse to get out more. I used to be more outgoing as a teen, but i'm still that way once you get to know me a bit. I would certainly appreciate hearing from anyone around my age in a similar situation! Shoot me an email: sploogi11@yahoo.com thanks!

3. Sam123

Sam123 New Member

City:
    Montreal
    Living In:
    Canada
    Nationality:
    Lebanese (LB)
    Languages:
    English, french and arabic
    hey
    i just moved to Montreal to continue my grad degree at Concordia university. Just got out of a long term relationship. And am here starting over, i made a couple of friends here but still on my own most of the time. Would be nice to meet new people and go out, watch movies or even coffee from time to time.
    I'm 23 years old, fun personality, very honest and always positive attitude, used to play professional guitar then studied engineering and now living in downtown Montreal to continue my Masters. Hope to hear from you guys soon
    you can contact me on my email ah.younes@live.com

4. pacifiqgirl

pacifiqgirl New Member

City:
    montreal
    Living In:
    Canada
    Nationality:
    Haïtian (HT)
    Languages:
    francais, anglais
    Je viens d'emmenager a Montreal et j'aurais aime me faire des amis. Je suis medecin de formation et je viens de trouver un petit boulot dans une compagnie de telecommunications. Je suis ouverte, franche, sympa et tres chaleureuse. Alors n'hesitez pas a me contacter.

P.S: je suis bilingue.

5. PilarCita

PilarCita New Member

Living In:
    Canada
    Nationality:
    Canadian (CA)
    Languages:
    English, Swiss-German
    Hi everyone,

I'm fairly new to Montreal and looking to make some friends. I moved here at the beginning of January to do a MSc degree in Experimental Medicine at McGill. I've found it somewhat difficult to meet new people since I spend quite a bit of time in the lab, so I'd love to get in touch with some other people. I'm originally from Switzerland but have lived in Canada most my life. I'm 23 and in a long-distance relationship, so I'm not too into the club scene. I enjoy being active (sports - skiing, volleyball, skating, hiking, camping etc.), reading, photography, movies and like any girl, shopping and just hanging out. I'm easy going and I think it would be great to meet some people (girls and guys) that I could just hang out and enjoy this awesome city with.
    You can contact me on my profile or in this forum; talk soon!

6. PilarCita

PilarCita New Member

Living In:
    Canada
    Nationality:
    Canadian (CA)
    Languages:
    English, Swiss-German
    Hi there,

I recently received an email from a Patrick from Switzerland via easyexpat@easyexpat.com. He says he is 21 years old, in Montreal for 5 months and studying electro engineering in Switzerland.

Patrick - if you are reading this, how can I contact you? Your email did not include an email address or a username on this website.

In the future, write me a private message on this website.
    Freue mich von dir zu hoeren.

7. Izzu

Izzu New Member

City:
    Montreal
    Living In:
    Canada
    Nationality:
    Jordanian (JO)
    Languages:
    English,Arabic, funcional french, bit japanese
    Hi,
    I moved to Montreal a Year ago, Its such beautiful city to live in. I find it hard to meet people specially if you are a foreigner.
    I'm a 22 years old guy. I can speak English, Arabic, a bit Japanese and basic french
    Currently, I'm taking french classes in Concordia university.

I hope to hear from you guys.
    Talk soon :)

8. jeneliz

jeneliz New Member

Living In:
    Canada
    Nationality:
    British (GB)
    Languages:
    English
    Hi, my name is Jennie, I am 24, moved to Montreal 2 weeks ago. Am just here for a couple of months but am keen to meet people! Maybe to see some sights with or just get a coffee. I really enjoy getting to know new people. Would be good to hear from people! Thanks.

9. lorenyte22

lorenyte22 New Member

City:
    Montreal
    Living In:
    Canada
    Nationality:
    Lithuanian (LT)
    Languages:
    English.lithuanian,russian
    Hi everyone!!!!
    like everyone here i am looking for friends in Montreal too.I moved in Canada 1year ago and until now i dont know anybody here.i live here with my newborn babygirl(4month),my boyfriend,but he work alot so most of the time i spend alone at home :( P.S.i have my best friend at home she is 10month Doberman Pincher named Maya :p i hope to find girlfriend...my e-mail is lorenux17@yahoo.com

10. dfguit

dfguit Member

City:
    bruxelles
    Living In:
    Belgium
    Nationality:
    Canadian (CA)
    Languages:
    francais, anglais,espagnol, allemand intermédiaire
    Hi everybody,

My name is Dave, i'm 24 and i'm from montreal. I spent a couple of months abroad in europe and since i really got used to hang out with different people from elsewhere, I thought it might be cool to try to organise a meeting with people from outside montreal. Would anyone of you would like to meet this friday at the metro mont-royal at 20h to go out for a drink? Could be a nice oportunity to meet real montrealers and practice your french ;). you can send me a confirmation at san_go_ten@hotmail.com hope to get a lot of answers ;)

11. curtnis

curtnis New Member

City:
    Montreal
    Living In:
    Hungary
    Nationality:
    Hungarian (HU)
    Languages:
    English, Hungarian
    Hello,
    I used to live and work in Montreal and I'm thinking to go back but I felt soo lonely.
    I would go back if I find some nice peolpe to hang arround and enjoy the free time with the same interest.

Contact me if you feel like to talk and maybe we can meet in the near future.

Viki
    kviki@vipmail.hu

12. mohamed.chergui

mohamed.chergui New Member

City:
    Alger
    Living In:
    Algeria
    Nationality:
    Algerian (DZ)
    Languages:
    Arabe - Francais
    Bonsoir;
    il est vrai que c'est difficile de s'adapter pour le moment, mais je sais que se genre de situation n'arrive qu'en premier lieu, par la suite ça deviens juste un souvenir, il faut s'accrocher des amis exisistent par tout dans le monde.
    Courage :rolleyes:

13. suren_guy

suren_guy New Member

City:
    Montreal
    Living In:
    Canada
    Nationality:
    Indian (IN)
    Languages:
    English, Hindi
    Hi,

I'm a graduate student at McGill, 25 yrs old. I've been in Montreal for 9 months now. I'm looking to make friends(guys and girls) to watch movies, hang out for drinks, or coffee, or plan weekend activities or get-together. I speak english and am trying to learn french. The graduate studies made me so busy that I could not make friends. I miss hanging out with friends. I am looking to widen my small circle of friends I've got.
    So, send me a email to kesari.surendra@gmail.com if you wanna know more or talk to me.

Surendra

14. soleneQ

soleneQ New Member

City:
    Montreal
    Living In:
    Canada
    Nationality:
    French (FR)
    Languages:
    French, English
    Meeting people in Montreal

Hi everyone !
    I'm Solene, I'm French and I got here in Montreal a couple of months ago with my boyfriend. I find it quite hard to meet locals, or anyone actually ! :) I'd be really happy to meet anglophones to hang out or go for a drink. I speak both French and English - I spent a few years in Scotland and I miss speaking English so very much. I'm easygoing, I'm just looking to share a few laughs, and maybe make some friends. If you want to meet up, get in touch ! Speak soon S.

15. zenzo

zenzo New Member

City:
    Montreal
    Living In:
    Canada
    Nationality:
    Swiss (CH)
    Languages:
    Italian, Français, English
    Hi everyone,

I'm totally new to Montreal and looking to make some friends.

I moved here four days ago (yes, i'm still suffering for the jet-lag) to do a MSc thesis in Bioengineering at UdeM. I've found extremely difficult to meet new people since I spend almost all my day in the laboratory.

I'm originally from the italian part of Switzerland. I can speak Italian, French and English (not very well, but I'm doing my best to improve it). I'm 24 years old, male, easy-going, I enjoy being active (skiing, mountaineering, hiking, camping), movies (i love sci-fi), music, ...

It would be great to meet some people (girls and guys) that I could just hang out and discover this big city with.

You can contact me on my profile or in this forum.

See you soon!

16. shella33

shella33 New Member

Living In:
    China
    Nationality:
    Chinese (CN)
    Languages:
    English, Arabic and Turkish
    My name is Chadi and I am new here in montreal and in fact I read you ad and I Know much it is really hard to stay in a new town without friends so I just want to meet some new friends thank you
    by the way my email is : merphyjohn@yahoo.com so you can contact me here or send me email to that email. thanks you again

17. shella33

shella33 New Member

Living In:
    China
    Nationality:
    Chinese (CN)
    Languages:
    Looking for new friends in Montreal

Hi , My name is Chadi and I am new here in montreal and in fact I have lots of friends because i traveled to more than 30 countries but here I am new and I came just 10 days ago. I am really interested in seeing and meeting new friends. I am an outgoing person and I love to share my time specially with friends. I am 37years old , I am a computer Engineer and I live in the downtown. I would appreciate any requests or emails , by the way my email is : merphyjohn@yahoo.com so you can contact. Thanks you all again

18. Twila

Twila New Member

City:
    Laval
    Living In:
    Canada
    Nationality:
    American (US)
    Languages:
    English
    Hey there,

My name is Tiffany and I would love to make some friends in the area, be it through online chatting or just hanging out. I'm originally from the US and moved to Laval (on the edge of Montreal) to live with my boyfriend a couple months ago. Unfortunately, I can't speak French worth a lick and it can get quite lonely here without any friends.

I'm 24 years old and pretty easy going, though I'm a bit shy and warm up to people once I get to know them. I like all animals, video games, movies, music, and spending way too much time on the internet - although I'd love any excuse to get out more! Last year I graduated with a bachelor's degree in English literature. Feel free to send me an email at wozlynn@gmail.com :]

19. shella33

shella33 New Member

Living In:
    China
    Nationality:
    Chinese (CN)
    Languages:
    HI, My name is Chadi and I am new here in montreal and in fact I read you ad and I know it is very long time ago but I am sure you understand how much it is really hard to stay in a new town without friends ... I am 37 years old computer Engineer and I live in the downtown and I just want to meet some new friends so I would appreciate if we could meet FOR cofee and chat if you still have some free time.. please let me know and thank you
    by the way my email is : merphyjohn@yahoo.com so you can contact me here or send me email to that email. thanks you again

Chadi

20. insomniac178

insomniac178 New Member

City:
    Tashkent
    Living In:
    Uzbekistan
    Nationality:
    Uzbekistani (UZ)
    Languages:
    English, French, Russian
    Hi everyone in here! Alex, 21, speak English, French and Russian. Looking for nice buddies to practice some French and English with. Live in Tashkent, Uzbekistan and dream of migrating and living in Canada. Sooo, in February I'm undertaking screening process of TEFAQ - the first serious step. So folks.......HELP ME! My Skype account is insomniac178 so feel free to contact me online! Don't forget the time difference - it's 9 hours. See ya online!