Forum USA

Forum of expats in the USA: Ask questions and participate to discussions concerning expatriation.

Search the whole website

User's Charter  -  Help  -  Terms and Rules  -  Privacy Policy

✎ EN Live and work in the Usa

Discussion in 'USA' started by Lex aka Don B, Mar 25, 2008.

1. Lex aka Don B

Lex aka Don B Member

City:
    Bologna, Italy
    Hi peoples!
    I need help, so im gonna ask you:
    How can i work and live in the usa? i mean, i know there's the green card to get, but how is life in the usa? my dream is to come in california and, if it possible, live and work there. But since im italian, california is way too distant, so, im thinking about the east coast for now.
    Currently, im working, to save some money, and after that (my work's contract should end at 31 june, but i dont know if i'll receive another contract) i want to leave italy. The big problem is find a job. If i come in there (i dont know which town), its easy to find a job? a job that can be good, i mean, since i got to pay the house and stuff.
    The other big problem is find a place to stay... I got a friend from canada (on MSN), and he told me that his parents pay like 2000$ a month for the house rent. My parents here in italy, pay about 400 € which is like 450 $. The fact is: i dont want a mansion, i just want to find a small place to live, withouth spending a lot of money for it.
    As for the work, i can even work in a factory (now im working in a factory in italy, so i know how is that job)...

I really need your help peoples, the reason i want to move in Usa is because i love it, time ago i wanted to make some days off in there, but now i want to live and work there too. I can speak, read and write english correctly (and thats good for me, at least i know the english language).

Thanx, any help is appreciate :D

PS: my bad, i didnt introduce myself: im Leonardo, but call me Leo, and im almost 19 years old :lol:
    PPS: my msn is lex_rap@hotmail.it

2. Pelle 79

Pelle 79 New Member

What does it take to get a green card so you can stay and work in usa?