Forum Russia

Forum of expats in Russia: Ask questions and participate to discussions concerning expatriation.

Search the whole website

User's Charter  -  Help  -  Terms and Rules  -  Privacy Policy

☛ EN Advice Life in Russia

Discussion in 'Russia' started by EasyExpat, Mar 19, 2010.

1. EasyExpat

EasyExpat Administrator
    Staff Member

City:
    London
    Living In:
    United Kingdom
    Nationality:
    British (GB)
    Languages:
    English, Français
    Hi,

You are living in Russia, or you used to live in Russia. How did you decide to move to Russia?

Help the community and share your experience as an expatriate in Russia. :idea:

Was it a difficult move? Was it complicated to find a job in Russia? To find an accommodation in Russia?

Did you have some visa/immigration issue to go to Russia? Or maybe everything was organised by your company for professional move?

:arrow: You can share here the different steps of your move in Russia. What would you recommend to people who would like to live in Russia?

Thanks in advance for sharing and giving advice. :cool:

2. mayumi_kaneyuki

mayumi_kaneyuki New Member

Living In:
    Russia
    Nationality:
    Russian (RU)
    Languages:
    English
    I'm not an expat, but I whant to advise you to read one interesting magazine - "Unbound", that posts true stories by teachers working for BKC IH Moscow. For example, there is an article by Keny Kurata telling about his experience of being stopped by Moscow police.

Keny writes: "One of the most important bit of advice I can probably give is how to avoid being asked for your documents. The best way to avoid the police is to look busy. If you are in a rush to get somewhere, the police are not likely to stop you (unless of course you are doing something suspicious). Most of the time, this is not a problem since we are always in a rush to get somewhere anyway. The great majority of the times I have been asked for my documents were when I had nothing to do or I was waiting for a train, a bus or a friend. "

See the whole article here http://unboundmagazine.wordpress.com/20 ... se-part-1/