Forum Immigration UK

Forum of expats in the Immigration UK: Ask questions and participate to discussions concerning expatriation.

Search the whole website

User's Charter  -  Help  -  Terms and Rules  -  Privacy Policy

✎ EN Law for overstaying non-eu spouse of eu national

Discussion in 'Immigration UK' started by fantasy2006, Mar 23, 2006.

1. fantasy2006

fantasy2006 New Member

hi,

Just came across your fantastic website. I am the non-eu spouse of an eu national. I was wondering if anyone can help. I have an EEA family permit expiring in mid-April and I recently found work. My wife (the EU citizen) recently left her job since she had to study for couple of exams and I found work just last month (after a tiring job hunt). Now the thing is that she wants to appear for her exams which are by the end of April for her last term in her country (Lithuania). So I am not sure what to do regarding the filing for my extension coz she would need her passport to fly and she would come back in a month's time (sometime in May).

Just to let you know that she was working only for a short while...

Is it ok to file the papers after she comes back? or would I qualify as an overstayer since my family permit 'expires' in mid-April??

Please advise .... I would highly appreciate your timely help.

fntsy2006

2. Triple H

Triple H Addicted member

City:
    Dublin
    Living In:
    Ireland
    Nationality:
    British (GB)
    Languages:
    English
    You should send them in advance,not after expires.
    You could ask for the passports back. ;).Self addressed registered post envelope will do.I would double check it with IND.

3. fantasy2006

fantasy2006 New Member

hi

Thanks so much for your prompt reply....Just another question...which forms do we fill since she would be filing under self-sufficient category??

What would happen if we request only her passport back again, that too so soon??

4. Triple H

Triple H Addicted member

City:
    Dublin
    Living In:
    Ireland
    Nationality:
    British (GB)
    Languages:
    English
    EEA1 I would think.This one could work for both of you.
    I am not sure about self-suficent people.You`d probably have to show healthy bank balance.

Regarding passport just say something like urgent family matter .I would definetely contact the IND about it.