Forum Russia

Forum of expats in Russia: Ask questions and participate to discussions concerning expatriation.

Search the whole website

User's Charter  -  Help  -  Terms and Rules  -  Privacy Policy

☼ EN Services Job Search: Looking for Work in Russia

Discussion in 'Russia' started by texkourgan, Jul 4, 2013.

1. texkourgan

texkourgan Addicted member
    Networker Editor

City:
    Berlin
    Living In:
    Germany
    Nationality:
    American (US)
    Languages:
    English, a little Deutsch
    Hello and welcome to EasyExpat.com!

Are you looking for a job in Russia? Or are you looking to recruit new employees in Russia?

We invite you to submit your jobs in our employment section, Job Listings in Russia.

If you are looking to recruit employees, please visit resume and CV listings for candidates for international jobs.

You can also list tips, questions and advice here in the forum. Thank you for sharing your experience!

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  2. saxerium

saxerium New Member

City:
    Brescia
    Living In:
    Italy
    Nationality:
    Italian (IT)
    Languages:
    Italiano, English, Русский base
    Looking for a job - In cerca di lavoro

Hi everybody!
    I want to move to Russia for many reasons. Here in Italy living is becoming more and more difficult and I would like to learn Russian and maybe living in Sankt Petersburg for a long period.
    I've taken part to a Russian language course here in Italy but I'm still not able to speak and understand Russian. I will take part to another Russian language course in S.Petersburg. and for sure I will improve my language skills but not immediately.
    I know very well english and I'm Italian mother tongue. So my question is: which kind of job opportunities are there for people who knows Italian and English?
    I can accept to do any kind of job, someone could help me? Some suggestions?

Second question, after how many monthes a person understand and speaks basic Russian in order to find a job?

Thank you for your time.
    Davide

3. texkourgan

texkourgan Addicted member
    Networker Editor

City:
    Berlin
    Living In:
    Germany
    Nationality:
    American (US)
    Languages:
    English, a little Deutsch
    I recommend consulting the expat Guide to Moscow and section on finding work in Russia to prepare for your job search. Also, check Job Listings in Russia and post your CV for international jobs.

I also recommend starting a language exchange with someone fluent in Russian to improve your language skills. Anyone looking for a language exhange? You can also search Russian speakers in the expat network and contact people directly.

My last tip is to check out expat blogs in Russia and interview with expats in Russia. They can offer a lot of advice and provide a reliable resource. For example, a girl and her travels recently won our blogger award for her helpful info on life in Russia.

Best of luck!

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...