Forum Paris

Community of expats Paris: share your experience on expatriation, get local information.

Register  -  Login  -  FAQ

Advanced search  - Search the whole website

User's Charter

Language:
Stay connected

Introduction & OIB tutoring

Forum باريس, Paris, París, Paris, Παρίσι, パリ, Parigi, Parijs, Paris, Paris, Париж, 巴黎, 巴黎: باريس, Paris, París, Paris, Παρίσι, パリ, Parigi, Parijs, Paris, Paris, Париж, 巴黎, 巴黎

Introduction & OIB tutoring

Postby MaiaOIB » Sun Nov 12, 2017 4:26 pm

Hello,

My name is Rhonda & I've just discovered this site. I've been living in the Paris area for many years. I'm reaching out to the expat community in search of tutoring for my daughter who is in the final year of high school - terminale L, OIB. Any suggestions from you would be greatly appreciated.

Thank you.
Rhonda

MaiaOIB

Nationality: United States (us)
Living in: France
Languages: French, English

Re: Introduction & OIB tutoring

Postby Cyrilexpat » Sun Nov 12, 2017 11:08 pm

Hello,
I've moved your post in the Paris' forum.

If your daughter is in Terminale L, I assume French, then you better contact French tutors (usually University students, Normal Sup in literature are probably the best, although she does not need that high level for baccalaureat). Is there a difference because she is doing International Bac? (OIB, isn't it?) What are her difficulties that need reinforcement?

You can also post a classifieds here: http://www.easyexpat.com/en/classifieds ... es_c22.htm

Best of luck and see you soon on the forum :thumbup:
Take a few seconds to upload a :arrow: profile photo: it will be nicer and all your messages will have a much greater visibility 8-)
Cyrilexpat

City: London
Nationality: France (fr)
Living in: United Kingdom
Languages: Français, English, Italiano (un pó)

Postby MaiaOIB » Mon Nov 13, 2017 8:22 am

Hello,
Thank you for the prompt reply & moving my post to its appropriate place

I should have mentioned that my daughter is French/American, bilingual, born & schooled in France. In the OIB (option internationale du baccalauréat- British program), she is studying two heavy courses in English - history/geography & English literature in addition to the standard curriculum in French for terminale L. She needs help with the OIB classes in English - analysis, structure, essay writing.

Thanks again & I’ll get a photo up on my profile asap.
Rhonda

MaiaOIB

Nationality: United States (us)
Living in: France
Languages: French, English

Postby Cyrilexpat » Mon Nov 13, 2017 9:06 am

Ah, OK. So it's an English speaker tutor that you are looking for, to help with the history/geography & English literature. Makes sense.
Feel free to add a classifieds too.
Take a few seconds to upload a :arrow: profile photo: it will be nicer and all your messages will have a much greater visibility 8-)
Cyrilexpat

City: London
Nationality: France (fr)
Living in: United Kingdom
Languages: Français, English, Italiano (un pó)