Forum Argentina

Forum of expats in Argentina: Ask questions and participate to discussions concerning expatriation.

Search the whole website

User's Charter  -  Help  -  Terms and Rules  -  Privacy Policy

✎ EN Internship in Argentina for Portuguese/Brazilian students

Discussion in 'Argentina' started by LuizaP, Mar 19, 2012.

1. LuizaP

LuizaP New Member

City:
    Lisboa
    Living In:
    Portugal
    Nationality:
    Portuguese (PT)
    Languages:
    Portugues
    Hi! I am a Portuguese citizen, also a Brazilian passport holder (my mother is Brazilian)and I would like to make a non-paid internship with Spanish classes in Argentina. Not in Buenos Aires but in other big city. I would like to know more about prices, services,ecc. I am a Marketing student. Thank you!

2. charlottepujolm

charlottepujolm New Member

Living In:
    France
    Nationality:
    French (FR)
    Languages:
    francais, anglais
    Salut Luiza,

I made an internship in Cordoba. It was nice, people are warm and friendly. Now I am looking forward my next trip to Marrakech but saw your post and thought I could give you a couple of advices:
    Most schools Spanish Schools are REALLY expensive! Before I went to Cordoba I contacted many schools and prices were too much expensive. But for internships,most enterprises ask for at least intermediate level of the language so I had to took classes. And the cost of accomodation for foreigners is also not so cheap so I contacted a company called Betanbauer, they offered me accomodation, Spanish classes and even legal protection,something that was very useful when I lost my passport in Buenos Aires!
    If you meet (and I'm sure you will!) other students willing to travel, you can organize a trip on your own, don't pay for these packages for foreigner students, it is boring, you never speak in Spanish and it is also more expensive. Some tourist attractions are for free! For example one of these "travel agencies" sold me a pack to visit Che Guevara House and I paid 50pesos but then I find out I could have only paid only 10 pesos.
    Other thing: take care of some fraudster,specially when looking for accomodation. One of my roommies was really upset because before he moved to our house he used to live in another one where the owner was a faudster who didn't give back the deposit and kept for himself things my friend left in that house.
    If something else comes to my mind I'll let you know!

3. texkourgan

texkourgan Addicted member
    Networker Editor

City:
    Berlin
    Living In:
    Germany
    Nationality:
    American (US)
    Languages:
    English, a little Deutsch
    Thanks for all the personal expertise charlottepujolm! :D

I would also recommend the Expat Guide to Buenos Aires. It offers a complete guide to becoming an expat in Argentina, including a section on internships. Best of luck!

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  4. obelisco1232

obelisco1232 New Member

City:
    Buenos Aires
    Living In:
    Argentina
    Nationality:
    American (US)
    Languages:
    English, Spanish
    hi,

i came down here from the states in november. I contacted Expanish language school here in Buenos Aires. I wanted to gain some spanish work experience before doing my masters in education back home. I was able to get in touch with the team at expanish and they set me up with a three month internship in exchange for free classes at the school. I really learned a lot both at work and at class. i would definitely recommend you contact them. A friend of mine from the internship even used her experiences at the school to help her land a full time job here in Bsas.

hope that helps