Forum Los Angeles

Forum of expats in Los Angeles: Ask questions and participate to discussions concerning expatriation.

Search the whole website

User's Charter  -  Help  -  Terms and Rules  -  Privacy Policy

✎ EN Information for L.A.

Discussion in 'Los Angeles' started by scayetanot, Mar 5, 2013.

1. scayetanot

scayetanot New Member

City:
    Los Angeles
    Living In:
    Usa
    Nationality:
    French (FR)
    Languages:
    English, Français
    Hi,

I'm living in France but just got a contract for US in Los Angeles.

I would like to have some information on the best place to rent a house around LA and if there is some french school. I'm married and 2 kids.

Is there any advices related to the salary range I should accept ? Regarding my job/experience it should be around $100K

Many thanks

2. Cyrilexpat

Cyrilexpat Administrator
    Staff Member Editor

City:
    London
    Living In:
    United Kingdom
    Nationality:
    French (FR)
    Languages:
    Français, English, Italiano (un pó)
    An old post here but some people requested recently similar information.

First of all you should read our guide for expatriation to Los Angeles? You will find tips about everyday life in L.A. including a section about accommodation with article on where to leave in L.A. and renting.

We have also articles about schools with some French and international schools in Los Angeles.

You can meet other French through the network of French expatriates in L.A.. As a new member you won't be able to contact them directly at first, but I encourage you to just comment and post in the topics they participated in and you can arrange meetings :)

Last but not least, you can also read expat blogs where French expats in L.A. will talk about their experience.

I assume that scayetanot is in the US now. How is life? What happens? Can you share your experience? :thumbup:

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  3. texkourgan

texkourgan Addicted member
    Networker Editor

City:
    Berlin
    Living In:
    Germany
    Nationality:
    American (US)
    Languages:
    English, a little Deutsch
    I've been to LA several times & it is a very interesting place with lots to do. As to where to live, the guide to LA covers this information pretty well:

I hope that helps you get a feel for the neighborhoods. Good luck!

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...