Forum United Kingdom

Community of expats United Kingdom: share your experience on expatriation, get local information.

Register  -  Login  -  FAQ

Advanced search  - Search the whole website

User's Charter

Language:
Stay connected

Incorrect Name on Biometrics Enrolment Letter

Forum المملكة المتحدة, Vereinigtes Königreich, Reino Unido, Royaume-Uni, Ηνωμένο Βασίλειο, イギリス, Regno Unito, Verenigd Koninkrijk, Wielka Brytania, Reino Unido, Великобритания, 英国, 英國: المملكة المتحدة, Vereinigtes Königreich, Reino Unido, Royaume-Uni, Ηνωμένο Βασίλειο, イギリス, Regno Unito, Verenigd Koninkrijk, Wielka Brytania, Reino Unido, Великобритания, 英国, 英國

Incorrect Name on Biometrics Enrolment Letter

Postby move2UK » Sat May 06, 2017 6:16 pm

Hi all!

I recently applied (mid April) on the NTL form for a new Biometrics Residence Card due to surname change on renewed US Passport (renewed in February). I received my Biometrics Enrolment letter this past Thursday 4th May, the letter was dated 29 April a Saturday. As we know there is a 15 day window to get biometrics taken at a Post Office. The letter was addressed to me in my ex-married surname, which is the same surname on my last issued Biometrics Card. Also names me as the applicant on bar coded Post Office letter in the same incorrect surname. I enclosed all documents needed for the name changeover including both old and new US Passports, last issued Biometrics card with ex-married surname, recent post addressed to me in current married surname. I do not want the fee I paid wasted, I just need the new card to match the renewed US Passport which is in my current married surname.

I sent email on same day I received the letter, 4 May, to the Home Office email address as indicated in the Biometrics Enrolment Letter regarding the incorrect surname. I have not heard yet and fear I will not get a timely response as others have mentioned. I have until this coming Friday the 12th May to get biometrics enrolled. I have read that the Post Office will not accept any signature that does not match up with the name on the Enrolment Letter. Lost 5 days during the mail transit once they sent letter as they send 2nd class.

Any advise to correct this issue before it is too late? :?:

Thanks!

move2UK
Backpacker
Backpacker

Nationality: United States (us)
Living in: United Kingdom
Languages: English