Forum United Kingdom

Forum of expats in the United Kingdom: Ask questions and participate to discussions concerning expatriation.

Search the whole website

User's Charter  -  Help  -  Terms and Rules  -  Privacy Policy

✎ EN Incorrect Name on Biometrics Enrolment Letter

Discussion in 'United Kingdom' started by move2UK, May 6, 2017.

1. move2UK

move2UK Member

Living In:
    United Kingdom
    Nationality:
    American (US)
    Languages:
    English
    Hi all!

I recently applied (mid April) on the NTL form for a new Biometrics Residence Card due to surname change on renewed US Passport (renewed in February). I received my Biometrics Enrolment letter this past Thursday 4th May, the letter was dated 29 April a Saturday. As we know there is a 15 day window to get biometrics taken at a Post Office. The letter was addressed to me in my ex-married surname, which is the same surname on my last issued Biometrics Card. Also names me as the applicant on bar coded Post Office letter in the same incorrect surname. I enclosed all documents needed for the name changeover including both old and new US Passports, last issued Biometrics card with ex-married surname, recent post addressed to me in current married surname. I do not want the fee I paid wasted, I just need the new card to match the renewed US Passport which is in my current married surname.

I sent email on same day I received the letter, 4 May, to the Home Office email address as indicated in the Biometrics Enrolment Letter regarding the incorrect surname. I have not heard yet and fear I will not get a timely response as others have mentioned. I have until this coming Friday the 12th May to get biometrics enrolled. I have read that the Post Office will not accept any signature that does not match up with the name on the Enrolment Letter. Lost 5 days during the mail transit once they sent letter as they send 2nd class.

Any advise to correct this issue before it is too late? :?:

Thanks!