Forum Immigration UK

Forum of expats in the Immigration UK: Ask questions and participate to discussions concerning expatriation.

Search the whole website

User's Charter  -  Help  -  Terms and Rules  -  Privacy Policy

✎ EN I want to marry my Vietnamese Girlfriend

Discussion in 'Immigration UK' started by gogigboy, Jun 15, 2006.

1. gogigboy

gogigboy New Member

I hope someone could help. I met a Vietnamese girl who came to england via a dodgy gang who took her passport etc.
    She filed for asylum as her life was in danger back home and was declined. She went to court and the judge said she could stay, yet again the Home Office went to court to say no. The judge said she could stay again, the Home Office went back to court and the judge this time said she had to go home. She has to go home this month. We don't know what to do. She was told by a solicitor not to give her real name to the home office. So they now have a false name with her photo and finger prints.
    If she went home, would she be allowed back in as my wife under her real name.
    I would appriciate anyones help on this.

Thanks

2. Triple H

Triple H Addicted member

City:
    Dublin
    Living In:
    Ireland
    Nationality:
    British (GB)
    Languages:
    English
    That solictor would be the person to ask then.

3. pacy

pacy Member

can she appeal against the last decision ? ( i supposed that home office appealed until they get what they wanted so maybe she can appeal as well)

anyway if she cant, then are u EU? ..then you can marry her somwhere (not in UK cos a visa is need to be married there) and then she can apply for family permit , she can either apply in your home country or in Vietnam .
    I think it was quite clever not to give real name , now she can marry you and she will be entitled to entre uk with proper visa . when a person is applying for visa / family permit they dont take finger prints just picture and am sure they wont find out by the picture what have happned before. And also if you have all proof like enough money and job then british embassy can decided stright away without her documents to be send to Home office.

anyway I woudl advise you to make all papper ready (bank statements , accomodation ) as you dont heave enough time.

but if you not EU then am not sure it should work similar (if you have legal right to wok in UK she should be able to join as spouse ) but more document would be needed.

anyway I would contact some imigration solicitor to have a look about that decisions ( I find it very strange how home office can send the case back to the court so many times ... they should have just one right to appeal and once the same decisons was made by the court then they should accept it ... but maybe thats the way its working in UK ... sad that addministrative organ is given more power than a person .. :(