Forum London

Forum of expats in London: Ask questions and participate to discussions concerning expatriation.

Search the whole website

User's Charter  -  Help  -  Terms and Rules  -  Privacy Policy

✎ EN How do you meet new people after uni?

Discussion in 'London' started by alex42000, Dec 13, 2017.

1. alex42000

alex42000 New Member

City:
    Prague
    Living In:
    Czech Republic
    Nationality:
    Salvadorian (SV)
    Languages:
    Spanish, English
    Hey everyone! I’ve got an interesting question to ask which I hope you, fellow expats, could help me figure out :D

How do you go around meeting new people and making new friends in London? I never thought it could be a problem for me because I'm a very social person, but ever since I’ve graduated from Uni and most of my friends have left the city, I find this surprisingly difficult.

During my student years, it was simple. I would just get to know a few people at uni and through them I would meet others who eventually became my friends too.

But now it’s no longer so easy. I’ve been considering joining some clubs, or some socializing events if you have something to recommend…? I’ve also tried one or two social apps but these I find quite awkward to use haha... I already spent a few hours chatting to people but none of them seem to find the time/will to meet :(

Any ideas/recommendations?

xoxo
    Alex

2. Cyrilexpat

Cyrilexpat Administrator
    Staff Member Editor

City:
    London
    Living In:
    United Kingdom
    Nationality:
    French (FR)
    Languages:
    Français, English, Italiano (un pó)
    Hello,
    You can indeed try to join groups such as expats in London (through this forum or other groups on LinkedIn and Social Media for example).
    You can also browse the expat blogs in London to see what others are going to.
    And you can also try to organise some get-together yourself for example, and advertise :arrow: here :thumbup:

Good luck and see you soon on the forum :wave:

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...