Forum Hong Kong

Forum of expats in Hong Kong: Ask questions and participate to discussions concerning expatriation.

Search the whole website

User's Charter  -  Help  -  Terms and Rules  -  Privacy Policy

✎ EN How to look for a helper?

Discussion in 'Hong Kong' started by NicoleH, Mar 12, 2013.

1. NicoleH

NicoleH New Member

Living In:
    Hong Kong
    Nationality:
    British (GB)
    Languages:
    English
    Hi everyone,

I live in Hong Kong with my husband and kids. We will need some help for the household chores and to take care of my young children while I am working. I would like to know where I can find a helper. Do you have any good advice?

Thank you!

2. Cyrilexpat

Cyrilexpat Administrator
    Staff Member Editor

City:
    London
    Living In:
    United Kingdom
    Nationality:
    French (FR)
    Languages:
    Français, English, Italiano (un pó)
    Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  3. Alicelo

Alicelo New Member

Living In:
    Hong Kong
    Nationality:
    British (GB)
    Languages:
    English
    Hi Nicole,

I found a website called HelperChoice. I found it really helpful to seek for helpers in Hong Kong.

You can check their detailed profiles per categories. I don’t know how old your kids are but for example, I was looking for a helper able to drive my kids from home to school and also who knew how to care of my newborn baby.

Then you will chat with them, get to know them and finally meet the ones you shortlisted.

As well as some of my friends who used this website, I preferred this way personally, it was more pleasant for us and the helpers.

Some licensed domestic helper agencies will be recommended to you to do the paperwork if you want, you can also choose one by yourself though.

I hope you will find the good one!