Forum Netherlands

Community of expats Netherlands: share your experience on expatriation, get local information.

Register  -  Login  -  FAQ

Advanced search  - Search the whole website

User's Charter

Language:
Stay connected

Help with vehicle admin

Forum هولندا, Niederlande, Países Bajos, Pays-Bas, Ολλανδία, オランダ, Paesi Bassi, Nederland, Holandia, Holanda, Нидерланды, 荷兰, 荷蘭: هولندا, Niederlande, Países Bajos, Pays-Bas, Ολλανδία, オランダ, Paesi Bassi, Nederland, Holandia, Holanda, Нидерланды, 荷兰, 荷蘭

Help with vehicle admin

Postby Mmontagnem » Sat Feb 04, 2017 10:59 am

Hi, I'm wondering if anyone can help or provide advice. I've got a bit of a nightmare scenario. Here's a brief summary

Bought a used car from a garage in Germany, imported it to France, found out 2 weeks later the mileage had been around back by 200,000 kms. An vehicle diagnostic tool revealed it.

Found out the car has been register in Holland between 2010 and 2016, and then in April 2016 it was serviced by a Landrover dealer who recorded the km at 270,000. 8 weeks later it was exported to Germany and the TUV test I was given by the garage has 79,186 kms on it.

So it's either the last Dutch owner or the German garage who did it. I just need to find out the registration plate it had in Holland and the correct agency who recorded the export. If I can establish from the export papers that at the point of export it had 270,000 kms on it then I can confront the German garage.

Is there a way to find out who actually owned the car whilst it was register in Holland?

thank you in advance

Rob

Mmontagnem

Nationality: United Kingdom (gb)
Living in: Netherlands
Languages: English French