Forum Paris

Forum of expats in Paris: Ask questions and participate to discussions concerning expatriation.

Search the whole website

User's Charter  -  Help  -  Terms and Rules  -  Privacy Policy

✎ EN Going out and meeting people in Paris

Discussion in 'Paris' started by Maggieric, Nov 16, 2010.

1. Maggieric

Maggieric New Member

City:
    Paris
    Living In:
    France
    Nationality:
    Taiwanese (TW)
    Languages:
    English
    I found a bubble tea shop in Paris !

Hi everyone,
    As i've been living in parisfor 2 years, i miss bubble tea so much ! I found a very good one as goos as what we can find in canada or US trust me!
    The name is : Beauthé, 32 rue poissonnière 75002 Paris
    www.beauthe.fr

Au revoir

2. texkourgan

texkourgan Addicted member
    Networker Editor

City:
    Berlin
    Living In:
    Germany
    Nationality:
    American (US)
    Languages:
    English, a little Deutsch
    Hello and welcome!

Are there any places that you can recommend to meet other expatriates in Paris?

You might already have some experience of life around there; can you give any advice for newcomers who want to meet people to go out and discover Paris? Are there clubs, groups, or places that are helpful in meeting new people?

Thanks in advance for you tips and for sharing your experience!

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  3. Kit

Kit New Member

City:
    Paris
    Living In:
    France
    Nationality:
    Russian (RU)
    Languages:
    English, French, Russian
    Siberian girl is looking for English-speaking friends

Hi everybody,

Here is the situation: I'm Russian girl living in Paris (have been here for 6 years already).
    I used to speak English quite well, I even tought English during some time years ago back in Russia (brought songs by Radiohead and U2 for my students to listen to in class)... But now I'm here and most of the time I speak French which I can speak really fluently now with quite little accent (oh, I will never get rid of it...), I haven't forgotten Russian which is my mother tongue and I talk in Russian with my Russian friends and my mom regularly, but my English... it has been abandoned. I can read in English perfectly well and translate from English, but when I try to speak English c'est une catastrophe. Because a good part of its vocabulary is just buried under all this masse de français and I really want to dig it out... Anyone to help me with this? :)

A few words about me: 33 years old, Virgo, introvert, sensible to the beauty of this world and plenty of other things, love music (Sigur Ros, Smashing Pumpkins, Radiohead, RHCP, U2, Chicane, Dead Can Dance, Alpha, Jamie Cullum, Sinatra, etc etc in post-rock, rock, jazz, trip-hop, chillout, depending on the season and my mood), films ("The Piano" and "The Princess and the Warrior" among the favorite), books (Tolstoy, Kundera, Marquez, Sagan, Hesse, Nothomb...), have a sense of humor and maybe have a weakness for parentheses ;)

4. alainjp

alainjp New Member

City:
    Paris
    Living In:
    France
    Nationality:
    French (FR)
    Languages:
    français, english, espanol
    Hi, I will prove a similar answer I provided for the same question about France. A good way for expatriates to go out and meet people in Paris is to look for a group in the website http://www.meetup.com. This site hosts voluntary associative groups that share a common interest like for example language conversation or yoga or dancing. It is a very well known site in the anglophone countries (the site was started in the US and has now more than 15 million members worlwide) and is increasing fast in France as well. In Paris there are already a lot of groups for expats to go out, for language conversation, for country community gathering, to interact with french people, for leisure activities, etc.

I am the organiser of a salsa group called "Paris Salsa Meetup Group" (http://www.meetup.com/The-Paris-Salsa-Meetup-Group/) that aims to organise salsa "meetups" either to take salsa classes or go to salsa clubs in Paris as a group, that is more fun and also interesting to meet people as well. As a matter of fact there are a lot of expatriates in the group.

5. mevja

mevja New Member

City:
    PARIS
    Living In:
    France
    Nationality:
    French (FR)
    Languages:
    français, anglais, beginner in Chinese
    Re: I found a bubble tea shop in Paris !

yeaaah

it looks nice, i really want to taste it

buuble tea is so nice

6. Phoenix75

Phoenix75 New Member

City:
    Paris
    Living In:
    France
    Nationality:
    French (FR)
    Languages:
    Français, Anglais
    Want to meet english/american people living in Paris to impr

Hi, my name is Carine and I live in Paris.

I'm an open-minded and smiling young woman and I would like to meet people who would be kind enough to help me to improve my level in English.
    I'm a french native, so I could by the way help you to improve your level in French.

Do not hesitate to contact me!

7. Cyrilexpat

Cyrilexpat Administrator
    Staff Member Editor

City:
    London
    Living In:
    United Kingdom
    Nationality:
    French (FR)
    Languages:
    Français, English, Italiano (un pó)
    Re: Want to meet english/american people living in Paris to impr

Hello Phoenix75 and welcome on EasyExpat.com.
    I have moved your post to the dedicated Paris forum.
    You should post your message to exchange conversation in our dedicated section:
    http://www.easyexpat.com/en/classifieds ... ge_c18.htm

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  8. expatrié a paris

expatrié a paris New Member

City:
    paris
    Living In:
    France
    Nationality:
    French (FR)
    Languages:
    francais, anglais
    Hello,

there are a lot of place with "low" prices where you can meet expatriate people in Paris.
    Near Saint-michel, at the Pantheon (i think to Bombardier pub) and a lot of pubs around there (also near Rue Mouffetard).
    In 18th, between pigalle and lamarck i have found so many bars with lovely people.
    Don't hesitate to ask me if you have questions

9. Cyrilexpat

Cyrilexpat Administrator
    Staff Member Editor

City:
    London
    Living In:
    United Kingdom
    Nationality:
    French (FR)
    Languages:
    Français, English, Italiano (un pó)
    Thanks for the tips. Is there any specific pub that is seen as a "harbor" for expats such as Carr's or Kitty O'Sheas (now closed apparently).