Forum Dubai

Forum of expats in Dubai: Ask questions and participate to discussions concerning expatriation.

Search the whole website

User's Charter  -  Help  -  Terms and Rules  -  Privacy Policy

☛ EN Advice Going out and meeting people in Dubai

Discussion in 'Dubai' started by texkourgan, Aug 29, 2013.

1. texkourgan

texkourgan Addicted member
    Networker Editor

City:
    Berlin
    Living In:
    Germany
    Nationality:
    American (US)
    Languages:
    English, a little Deutsch
    Hello and welcome!

Are there any places that you can recommend to meet other expatriates in Dubai?

You might already have some experience of life around there; can you give any advice for newcomers who want to meet people to go out and discover Dubai? Are there clubs, groups, or places that are helpful in meeting new people?

Thanks in advance for you tips and for sharing your experience!

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  2. abriannerossi

abriannerossi New Member

City:
    Dubai
    Living In:
    United Arab Emirates
    Nationality:
    Pakistani (PK)
    Languages:
    English
    Good Restaurants in Dubai

I want to suggest the best restaurant in Dubai as follows:

Sushi Counter http://www.sushicounter.com/ - is the 1st Japanese restaurant I suggest for they have the best kind of sushi at a very good price.

And if someone love bagel, you can visit Circle Cafe http://www.circle-cafe.com/ restaurant for they have a good taste of bagels and big breakfast there.
    Also I suggest you to visit Little Italy (Italian, Mexican) http://www.timeoutdubai.com/restaurants ... ttle-italy. (Apology for they don't have their own site) It cost you 100AED for 2 persons.

Those 3 are the best restaurant I've tried so far. Perfect food and staff! Do you have any good restaurant suggestion/s to add?

3. saroush13127

saroush13127 New Member

City:
    dubai
    Living In:
    United Arab Emirates
    Nationality:
    French (FR)
    Languages:
    english french
    Tolosa Restaurant nice place to meet expat

Hi guys my name is Sarah I'm living in Dubai and i like nightlife but enough..KHALASS ! Now I prefer quite place where I can meet people I've been in Tolosa it's a French Restaurant in souk al bahar very cosy and I met lot of expat I was so surprised.. Every wednesday it's ladies Night unlimited and free white wine and sangria (AMAZING)..So it's full of girls and boys quiet place litlle bit romantic nice for dinner with your date LOL . And the manager told me 1 day a month there is an Event for January it will be Cheese and Wine event 17th of January SO tell me if are you ready and we can go there all together and meet each other . XOXOXO

4. Cyrilexpat

Cyrilexpat Administrator
    Staff Member Editor

City:
    London
    Living In:
    United Kingdom
    Nationality:
    French (FR)
    Languages:
    Français, English, Italiano (un pó)
    Hello saroush13127
    Thanks a lot for your recommendation. I have moved your message to the topic on Going out and meeting people in Dubai where it seems more appropriate. Fill free to share more information in our other topics in the Dubai forum (or open new topics).

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...