Forum Albania

Forum of expats in Albania: Ask questions and participate to discussions concerning expatriation.

Search the whole website

User's Charter  -  Help  -  Terms and Rules  -  Privacy Policy

✎ EN Getting married in albania

Discussion in 'Albania' started by sunny80, Jun 7, 2007.

1. sunny80

sunny80 New Member

Living In:
    United Kingdom
    Nationality:
    German (DE)
    Languages:
    Deutsch, English
    Hi guys, I hope somebody has some advice for me.

I'm together with my albanian boyfriend for almost 2 years, i'm german by the way and we live together in uk, we are planning to get married until the end of the year. We would like to get married in albania and i'm not 100% sure what certificats are required from me to get married there. I know of course that I need my passport, birth certificate and a confirmation that i'm not married yet, but i do not know it in detail. Can anybody help??? :D

2. gamble3234

gamble3234 New Member

City:
    Banff
    Living In:
    Canada
    Nationality:
    Canadian (CA)
    Languages:
    English
    I realize this is an old post, but I thought I would share the answer to the question if someone else should ever need to no.
    Contact the Albanian Embassy or Consulate in your Country, they are extremely helpful and will tell you what documents you need, and how to get them. You can google the contact information for the Albanian Consualte or Embassy in your Country.

These were the requirements as of May 2010:
    1.)Your long form birth certificate, showing your parents names, birthdays, and birthplace. This needs to be authenticated in your Country.
    2.)A statutory declaration saying who it is that you are marrying, your citizenship, that you have never been married before or are legally divorced.
    3.)Everything needs to be translated into Albanian at the Embassy in your Country and also legalized at the Albanian Embassy or consulate in your Country.

You have to be in Albania for 9 business days before you are able to be married, which makes it tricky since the above documents expire after 90 days. I am Canadian.