Forum Colombia

Community of expats Colombia: share your experience on expatriation, get local information.

Register  -  Login  -  FAQ

Advanced search  - Search the whole website

User's Charter

Language:
Stay connected

Getting Married in Colombia

Forum كولومبيا, Kolumbien, Colombia, Colombie, Κολομβία, コロンビア, Colombia, Colombia, Kolumbia, Colômbia, Колумбия, 哥伦比亚, 哥倫比亞: كولومبيا, Kolumbien, Colombia, Colombie, Κολομβία, コロンビア, Colombia, Colombia, Kolumbia, Colômbia, Колумбия, 哥伦比亚, 哥倫比亞

Getting Married in Colombia

Postby texkourgan » Thu Jun 27, 2013 11:15 am

Hello and welcome!

Getting married can be a joyous occasion, but all the paperwork of marrying abroad can take some of the fun out of it. We would like to invite people who have been married in Colombia to share their advice.

What do you wish you had known? What is the procedure to get married in Colombia? How much does it cost? Do you need a special visa, permit, or documentation? How far in advance do you need to plan? How expensive is it?

Is the process the same for locals as it is for expats? What about a mixed partnership (between a foreigner and a native)? Do you need to send documentation back to your country?

What customs should you expect? Is there a certain style of dress you need to wear? What about for guests? What kind of gift-giving is expected?

Also share your questions if you are preparing to marry abroad or your experiences if you have attended a wedding in Colombia.

Congratulations to all of our engaged couples or recently married and thanks for sharing your stories. :D
texkourgan

Back in Berlin!

City: Berlin
Nationality: United States (us)
Living in: Germany
Languages: English, a little Deutsch

Colombia resident visa civil partnership

Postby mytravelphotoblog » Mon Apr 14, 2014 3:47 pm

I am new to Easy Expat Forum.

I am moving to Colombia and would like to know a few things to help assist in getting things sorted before I leave the UK and ready for my new life in Colombia.
I need help with “Colombia resident visa civil partnership”

1. I am looking at having a marital status certificate saying I am not married in Spanish with APOSTILLE printed on the certificate to take to Colombia with me.
Has anyone used http://www.apostille.org.uk/, services or know of a way to get this certificate?

Martin
Last edited by Cyrilexpat on Tue Apr 15, 2014 1:31 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: link removed

mytravelphotoblog
Backpacker
Backpacker

City: High Wycombe
Nationality: United Kingdom (gb)
Living in: United Kingdom
Languages: English, Espanol,