Forum Istanbul

Forum of expats in Istanbul: Ask questions and participate to discussions concerning expatriation.

Search the whole website

User's Charter  -  Help  -  Terms and Rules  -  Privacy Policy

⛾ EN Event Get together party in Istanbul

Discussion in 'Istanbul' started by istanbuldave, Feb 15, 2011.

1. istanbuldave

istanbuldave Member

City:
    Istanbul
    Living In:
    Turkey
    Nationality:
    French (FR)
    Languages:
    French, English, some Turkish
    Hi guys,

Through the meetings and forums in this website, I can see that a lot of people are interested in meeting others.

For the one who don’t know me already, I’ve been living in Istanbul for over 6 years now where I have developped friendship with a lot of English and French speakers (not to mention Turkish :D ) and I’d like to organise a Get Together party in a friendly environment where we can exchange our experiences.

One of my friend, a French chef, is offering to prepare free nibbles for this occassion so we could meet without an empty stomach. We thought that it will be nice if some of us could also prepare some nibbles, but it’s of course not a must...

I thought it will be better to organise a Get Together party in this way, so everybody can enjoy their evening, meeting others and feel free to leave whenever they want instead of being “stuck” for a full dinner...

For the location and date, it will be, I guess, more convenient for most of us to meet around Taksim. So, I am offering to have this party in Mono Music cafe, Thursday 24 Febuary. I think Thursday is the best day for a meeting like this because weekends are far too busy...

Mono Music café
    Erol Dernek sokak 15/A Beyoğlu
    http://www.gaeabaykus.com/images/Kroki%202.jpg

Let me know through this forum if you like the idea and/or you want to join

Best,

David