Forum Immigration UK

Forum of expats in the Immigration UK: Ask questions and participate to discussions concerning expatriation.

Search the whole website

User's Charter  -  Help  -  Terms and Rules  -  Privacy Policy

✎ EN Boarding An International Flight

Discussion in 'Immigration UK' started by beeradh, Apr 19, 2016.

1. beeradh

beeradh New Member

City:
    London
    Living In:
    United Kingdom
    Nationality:
    South African (ZA)
    Languages:
    English
    Good day

I moved to the UK last year with my wife who holds an EU Passport. We are both from South Africa & I initially came over to London on a 6 month Visa.

In December I applied for my EU Family Permit which I will hopefully receive in the next 4 weeks or so. The only problem is that I am supposed to be travelling back to South Africa for my sisters wedding on 19 May. So, if I don't get my Permit in the next 4 weeks, I know I can leave the UK, but will the airline allow me to board the plane back to the UK?

I have received the certificate stating that my application has been received & is being processed. What I am wanting to know is - Will the airline allow me to board my flight in South Africa to return to the UK if I do not receive my Family Permit in time before I leave the UK?

My wife will be travelling with me & will have her EU Passport. We will also have our Marriage Certificate, my Work Contract, Proof of Address in the UK, Proof of Bank Accounts in the UK, Electricity Bills as well as the certificate stating that my application has been lodged. Of course the bills are in both of our names too.

Could I possibly get a letter from the Home Office stating that my application has been lodged to use as ammunition if they won't let me board the flight?

Please could you shed some light on this as I'm really starting to stress out.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Thank you in advance!

Brad