Forum Madrid

Forum of expats in Madrid: Ask questions and participate to discussions concerning expatriation.

Search the whole website

User's Charter  -  Help  -  Terms and Rules  -  Privacy Policy

✎ EN Friends in Madrid/Amis sur Madrid

Discussion in 'Madrid' started by Sophieml84, Feb 21, 2011.

1. Sophieml84

Sophieml84 New Member

City:
    Madrid
    Living In:
    Spain
    Nationality:
    French (FR)
    Languages:
    Français, Anglais
    Hi everybody,
    My name is Sophie and I came in Madrid to learn Spanish but I do not speak a word, yet. Therefore, I have some troubles to meeting new people. I am looking for new friends in my situation who would like to go out and enjoy the live in Madrid. I am a 26 years old (French) student; I really enjoy talking while having a drink, good food or dancing, sometimes. So, if you speak French or English and if you are interested to organize something between expats or even just having a drink, I will be glad to share a good time with you! (PS: Please forgive my English; I really need to improve it!)

(Salut à tous,
    Je m’appel Sophie et je suis sur Madrid pour apprendre l’espagnol mais pour le moment je ne comprends vraiment rien. J’ai donc du mal à me faire de nouveaux amis. Je recherche des personnes dans la même situation que moi qui souhaiterait que l’on se fasse des sorties sympa afin de se plonger dans la vie Madrilène. J’ai 26 ans, je suis étudiante, j’adore papoter autour d’un verre, les bons repas et aller danser de temps en temps. Donc si cela vous tente que l’on organise quelque chose entre expatriés ou même se prendre un verre histoire de passer un bon moment, je serai ravie de partager cela avec vous.)

Sophie

2. Danielrm81

Danielrm81 New Member

City:
    Roma
    Living In:
    Spain
    Nationality:
    Italian (IT)
    Languages:
    Italian,English,Spanish,BITOFFrench&Portugues
    Hello Sophie!!
    i'm also just moved to Madrid from Rome for work, i'll be here for some month, my email is
    daniele.depalmas@gmail.com. fell free to write me, i live near puerta del sol!

bye!

3. chrislutz

chrislutz New Member

City:
    Madrid
    Living In:
    Spain
    Nationality:
    Swiss (CH)
    Languages:
    Deutsch, English, French, Spanish
    hi sophie, hi daniel

i've been here in madrid for 2 months now for an internship and would like to meet new people to go out with, make weekend trips or just practice my castellano (or my english, french - whatever ;)

i'm a 25 year old swiss, easy-going and nice to get along with. living in the center of madrid, meeting up can happen spontaneously and without huge prearrangement. if you're interested to meet sometime, please write at: chrislutz@gmx.ch

4. marknw

marknw New Member

City:
    Madrid
    Living In:
    Spain
    Nationality:
    British (GB)
    Languages:
    English
    Hi Sophie, Daniel and Chris,

I have just moved to Madrid for a new job and I am looking to meet new people here. I am just beginning to learn Spanish, so it is difficult to meet people. I am originally from London and I enjoy going to bar and eating. If you would like to meet up my email is marknwsp@gmail.com.

Mark

5. rikvanommen

rikvanommen New Member

City:
    Madrid
    Living In:
    Spain
    Nationality:
    Dutch (NL)
    Languages:
    English, Nederlands
  6. lalielo

lalielo New Member

City:
    Madrid
    Living In:
    Spain
    Nationality:
    Spanish (ES)
    Languages:
    Español, English, Français, Deutsch, Italiano
    Hola,
    i'm a spanish girl lost here looking for people in Madrid who wants to improve their spanish and can help me to practise another languages, i can speak english and i can manage with french, german and italian, but i don't wanna take it like a serious thing, because i like to meet different people, i've lived abroad in berlin and london and i can understand your situation when you just arrive in a different country, and just go out for a beer or a coffee and discover the good places in madrid, i moved here last year and i feel myself an expat even in my own country! well, that doesn't mind that i am a weird person, i have my life, my job and my friends, but now i am living in malasaña and i hear people talking in another language but i would feel a bit embarrassed just going and telling them, hey! do you wanna that we ever meet up for an interchange? i am shy for that kind of stuff, but i really want to meet people and now i can see that we are a few people in the same situation, maybe we can meet some of us, anyway, i hope hear from you!
    Nos vemos! ;)

7. devvo_77

devvo_77 New Member

City:
    Madrid
    Living In:
    Spain
    Nationality:
    British (GB)
    Languages:
    English
    Hi everyone ... i'm about to come to Madrid - on thursday! - and as it seems like we're all in the same boat wonder if any of you fancy meeting up - for some Paddy's Day drinks?!

I see there's a post on the forum about a meet-up at Downtown, which I might try if anyone fancies it. Please get in touch if so - clare_devaney at hotmail dot com xxx

8. nicki.27

nicki.27 New Member

City:
    madrid
    Living In:
    Spain
    Nationality:
    British (GB)
    Languages:
    spanish. english
    Hey, daniel, sophie. I just moved to madrid last week..
    Dont know too many people.
    Im wanting to meet new people,
    Im from UK i just turned 20.
    really wanting to make new friends in this city..
    my email is nicki278@hotmail.co.uk

i've been here in madrid for 2 months now for an internship and would like to meet new people to go out with, make weekend trips or just practice my castellano (or my english, french - whatever ;)

i'm a 25 year old swiss, easy-going and nice to get along with. living in the center of madrid, meeting up can happen spontaneously and without huge prearrangement. if you're interested to meet sometime, please write at: chrislutz@gmx.ch[/quote]

9. squirrel77

squirrel77 Member

City:
    Madrid
    Living In:
    Spain
    Nationality:
    British (GB)
    Languages:
    Welsh, English, un poco Español, petit Français :)
    hello!
    Looks like I totally missed this message thread!
    I am a 34 year old Welshman who has been here 9 months and working in finance so a bit older than most of you but still like going out any day of the week! I am still working on my Spanish but am good if you want to practise English or Welsh.
    If you want to know about bars in different areas of the city I have been around most now LOL but am always up for knowing about more. Also if you want to know about public transport and monthly transport passes drop me a line.
    And for lalielo, you live in malasaña, I go to the madrid babel intercambio at the quiet man now and again, it's really friendly in there and the english speakers are more than happy for you to approach them!
    gareth dot sewell at test-direct dot com
    is my email address. PM me if you have any difficulty!
    Hasta Luego todo el mundo!

10. hadhoud

hadhoud New Member

City:
    Tunis
    Living In:
    Tunisia
    Nationality:
    Tunisian (TN)
    Languages:
    Français , Anglais , Arabe
    Bonjour,

Je pars a madrid le 24 Avril pour un mois , je veux m'amuser, assister au classico et voir mes amis labas , on peut se voir labas et faire des sorties , bavarder , danser et pratiquer un peu l'espagnole ensemble tout en se balladant dans les places de madrid.

voici mon compte facebook si tu veux me connettre un peu plus : hedi battini

11. paulwallace

paulwallace New Member

City:
    Auckland
    Living In:
    New Zealand
    Nationality:
    New Zealander (NZ)
    Languages:
    English, Español
    Hi everyone, My name is Paul and I am from New Zealand. I am 20 years old. I have been in Madrid since Monday, I only know a couple of people here so I am very interested in meeting new people, especially those who can speak spanish so I can improve mine. However I am also interested in meeting those who are english speakers because sometimes it is good to have a rest from speaking spanish as it has been very overwhelming and a bit tiring seeing as I have only been here for 5 days!! If anyone is interested in meeting, whether it be for a drink or just to explore the city you can contact me with this email: paul_wallace1@hotmail.com

Look forward to hearing from you

12. mattlux

mattlux New Member

Living In:
    Spain
    Nationality:
    French (FR)
    Languages:
    Francais, Anglais, Espagnol, Tcheque
    Hello everyone,

New in town as well, arrived a couple of days now and really willing to get into the madrid way of life ! ;)

My name is Matthieu, i am 29, french, can speak french (of course :) ), english (but dont worry, not like a french ;à) aka C2 level), let say i can manage myself in spanish but definitely need to improve it !!!!!! :) (and that s why i am here actually :p)

So anybody willing to exchange conversations classes spanish against french or english are welcome !! :)

I would define myself as easygoing, really open-minded, looking to meet new people and have fun. i like parties, going out in restaurant (aka taaaapppaaassss) y como un madrileno me gusta mucho ir de tapas !! ;)

Feel free to contact me at this adress either to get to know each other or to ask more before doing it ;) : yabonbanania59@hotmail.fr

Hope to ear from u soon,

Matthieu

13. Josto

Josto New Member

Living In:
    Spain
    Nationality:
    British (GB)
    Languages:
    English, poco espanol
    Hi I am relatively new to Madrid. I've been here six weeks and it would be good to meet some new friends to catch up with for a drink. I am 39 years old and living near Calle Alberto Arguelles. I'm here until the end of September to learn Spanish, but I don't know enough yet to hold a conversation in Spanish! Feel free to contact me on jolystali@gmail.com