Forum France

Forum of expats in France: Ask questions and participate to discussions concerning expatriation.

Search the whole website

User's Charter  -  Help  -  Terms and Rules  -  Privacy Policy

✎ EN French nationality through my grandfather

Discussion in 'France' started by loga1988, Nov 5, 2013.

1. loga1988

loga1988 New Member

City:
    Puducherry
    Living In:
    India
    Nationality:
    Indian (IN)
    Languages:
    tamil,english
    My grandfather worked for french army in the second world war and he got "CARTE DE COMBATTANT VOLONTAIRE DE LA RESISTANCE " card and now my father and myself are trying to get the french nationality .My grandfather enjoyed french benefits like old age pension and other pensions and he did claim for the injury which happened to him during second world war but before the claim amount arrived my grandfather passed away .

till 1979 he enjoyed all the french government benefits so that "50 years law (loss of nationality by disuse)" will not impact us I guess . Is my guessing right .We already consulted one french nationality consultant he said ok to get nationality for us before but due to the above said law he said some problems are there.Now one good thing which we are having from our end is my grandfather is a British Indian by birth and he migrated to french India and joined in french army and served for french due to his migration he did immatriculation to register himself as french when pondicherry merged to India .We told the above said thing to lawyer and he said he can definitely get us french nationality if we are able to give atleast the immaticulation no which my grandfather did where can I get it ? Please guide us ?

Please guide can i get the french nationality