Forum Immigration Poland - Polska

Forum of expats in Immigration Poland - Polska: Ask questions and participate to discussions concerning expatriation.

Search the whole website

User's Charter  -  Help  -  Terms and Rules  -  Privacy Policy

✎ EN FASTEST WAY TO POLAND...WHO KNOWS?

Discussion in 'Immigration Poland - Polska' started by fireshone, Feb 22, 2008.

1. fireshone

fireshone Member

City:
    london
    I am a Non-EU married to a polish.I have recently been given a family member residence stamp in the uk.the main problem is that i and my wife booked a flight to poland last year for the 5th of march this year.and we called the polish consular in london if i can get a visa before the 5th of march and they said it will take weeks as they are strict with applications from Non-EU visiting poland,that it is not possible to get a visa within 2weeks?is this true? if it is true,what do you think is the best way out.my mother in law is in dilemna.

fireshone

2. Yousafzai

Yousafzai Addicted member

City:
    London
    Living In:
    United Kingdom
    Nationality:
    Pakistani (PK)
    Languages:
    English, Urdu, Pashto
    what is your nationality ?

3. thsths

thsths Addicted member

Living In:
    United Kingdom
    Nationality:
    German (DE)
    Languages:
    Deutsch, English
    Did you make clear that you want to apply under European law? You can do that because your spouse has been working in the UK. Even though you are not a European citizen, your application should still receive priority treatment. You can try to insist on this, although I am not sure how much difference it would make.

Another option is that you go without a visa. Under European law that is possible, as long as you travel together and can prove your case (contracts, bank statements for you and your spouse, and the marriage license). I would not recommend this without checking first with border control in Poland.

You could also apply for a visa at a different Schengen country (Germany?). You should then visit that country during your trip, although without border checks there is probably no proof either way.

Tom

4. fireshone

fireshone Member

City:
    london
    I am a Nigerian.I have informed my in-laws and they will find out if i can travel without a visa to poland,i have also booked an appointment with the dutch embassy and they say it wouldn't take two days.
    Thanks guys.

5. Yousafzai

Yousafzai Addicted member

City:
    London
    Living In:
    United Kingdom
    Nationality:
    Pakistani (PK)
    Languages:
    English, Urdu, Pashto