Forum Sweden

Forum of expats in Sweden: Ask questions and participate to discussions concerning expatriation.

Search the whole website

User's Charter  -  Help  -  Terms and Rules  -  Privacy Policy

✎ EN Expires Residence Permit, need advices

Discussion in 'Sweden' started by cathy1988, Apr 3, 2014.

1. cathy1988

cathy1988 New Member

Living In:
    Denmark
    Nationality:
    Filipino (PH)
    Languages:
    english
    Hi to all of you there,
    I really need your some good advices, or who really had experiences like my bad situation. I was aupair before in Denmark within two years, and i had a residence permit good for two years. Before my residence expires i was applied as a aupair in Sweden but unfortunatelly it was denied. Now i stay in Denmark without any valid residence so i am stay here illegal now for almost 8 months. I have a swedish boyfriend now and he want to marry me and he asked me to move with him in sweden but i confused if it is possible i live with him without going back home to my country first. I have some questions:
    1. It is possible i can stay with him without trouble or worries?
    2. It is possible we get married in sweden and what are the requirements ?
    3. Can i apply a residence permit so i can stay legal inSweden without going back in my country?
    What are the best way to do except going home,,.. your comments and reply much appreciated!!

2. Cyrilexpat

Cyrilexpat Administrator
    Staff Member Editor

City:
    London
    Living In:
    United Kingdom
    Nationality:
    French (FR)
    Languages:
    Français, English, Italiano (un pó)
    First of all it depends on your nationality. Philippines I assume with your profile.
    As it will all depends on the status (marriage?) you will need to be able to marry each other first.

In general you should apply for a visa from your own country. However in your case I assume you could apply from the embassy of Sweden in Denmark, with the credential given by your boyfriend. However there is no guarantee at all that it will work as they might consider that it's not sufficient and that you should first sort out your legal residency in Denmark.

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  3. cathy1988

cathy1988 New Member

Living In:
    Denmark
    Nationality:
    Filipino (PH)
    Languages:
    english
    Yes i came from Philippines. So we still get married in sweden and i can live with my boyfriend even my residence permit in Denmark was expired?

4. Cyrilexpat

Cyrilexpat Administrator
    Staff Member Editor

City:
    London
    Living In:
    United Kingdom
    Nationality:
    French (FR)
    Languages:
    Français, English, Italiano (un pó)
    No, unfortunately I said that actually you might even have difficulties to get a visa for Sweden as your Schengen visa is not valid anymore for Denmark.

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...