Forum Egypt

Forum of expats in Egypt: Ask questions and participate to discussions concerning expatriation.

Search the whole website

User's Charter  -  Help  -  Terms and Rules  -  Privacy Policy

✎ EN Egypt anyone - Alexandria that is

Discussion in 'Egypt' started by desertskyy, Mar 27, 2005.

1. desertskyy

desertskyy New Member

Hello

My husband who is a Sr Consultant will be working in Alexandria for a period of time, years to be a little more exact! I will be accompanying him, I have two questions right now:

- Western women: how are they treated and how to properly present myself (I do not want to offend)?

-Also I have 2 small dogs that I would like to take over, I know about the rabies vaccine necessity but my BIGGEST concern in the flight over! We would leave from Washington State, I would place them in baggage in one carrier with the appropriate water container, etc..but should I take them in the first place is the question?

Any other comments in regard to this move are greatly appreciated. Thanks
    Desertskyy
    8)

2. EasyExpat

EasyExpat Administrator
    Staff Member

City:
    London
    Living In:
    United Kingdom
    Nationality:
    British (GB)
    Languages:
    English, Français
    I do not think there is any problem in Egypt. There are already really used to have a lot of European (and the rest of the world two) tourists and it's an open society...

3. caspian

caspian New Member

There is not issue with Egypt and womens dress code. My sister lived there for 5 years in the 90's and loved it. You should show respect and of course be sensible if you don't want men touching you up in the street then dress sensible. Egypt is not Saudi Arabia but it is still a muslim country