Forum Immigration UK

Forum of expats in the Immigration UK: Ask questions and participate to discussions concerning expatriation.

Search the whole website

User's Charter  -  Help  -  Terms and Rules  -  Privacy Policy

✎ EN EEC1 - Waiting times

Discussion in 'Immigration UK' started by dromi, Jun 16, 2005.

1. dromi

dromi Member

I made this topic, so all the people applying for EEC1 (in the UK) can compare and share information about the ECC1 waiting times. So please if you are applying, or have received your residence permit let us know how long did it take, or how long have youve been waiting.

I married a French national, and have been waiting for 14 weeks.
    (3 months and 1 week).

happy waiting :confused:

2. neoneo

neoneo Member

Hi there,
    Me and my wife have applied for EEC1 last March, and have been waiting for about 3 months without no joy!! I do hope that they will process it quickly because my future employer has to see a permit ASAP. Otherwise I will only lose the job offer! Is there any way we can make the process quicker? I will write to them by post today, but does anyone know a better way?

Best wishes.

3. Shay vdT

Shay vdT New Member

EEC1

Hello all those long suffering - home office approval hopers...

I feel your pain.
    I have had my EEc1 in for 6 weeks now, and I have been told it is sitting in a pile - no representative has been assigned to it yet.
    Standard telephone response - 'can take up to six months'

I feel as though I can complain (despite the smaller wait than others have experienced) as my partner has already had the HSMP visa rejected - wrongfully - and this was a SEVEN month wait.

Needless to say - going insane.

Keep the posts coming - would love to hear if others have managed to get there application rushed through.

4. neoneo

neoneo Member

Average waiting time - It might be about 4 to 5 months?

Hi all,

I've come across the following link,
    http://uk.gay.com/boards/read.php?f=15&i=12983&t=12983

One got a EEC1 permit after 4 months and 1 week. I think he was very lucky to get it that "early". Apparently, he applied as a same-sex partner.. I have no clues if that made the process quicker or slower.

I called Home Office again, and guess what.. still my app. is under consideration.

3months and 3 weeks waiting.

Good luck guys.

5. daphne

daphne Member

6. intothetrees

intothetrees Member

ee non eea , applying for a residence permit

This is the sixth month, since I have applied for a residence permit, and the homme office says that is under consideration or awating consideration, I don't know what to do, this is frustrating, any comments or suggestions?

7. dromi

dromi Member

Any news guys? I have completed 4 month this week and still "under consideration"...

:rolleyes:

8. neoneo

neoneo Member

Same here. 4 months and 'under consideration'.

Can't believe that one is waiting for more than 6 months! That's ILLEGAL according to the EU law. Did you ask the Home Office what they are going to do about it?

N.

9. Anna Sayan

Anna Sayan Active Member

i got it today

I was waiting almost 6 months. And ... I got it today (I mean my husband got it). We are both soooo happy :)

Ania

10. intothetrees

intothetrees Member

:cry: , :cry: today is the beginning of the sixth month , and we are still waiting for our passports , we wrote a letter hoping for some clue, this is absolutely Outrageous!!!!. Every time I ring the homme office it makes me more angry because they haven't got any idea what's going on , they are just reading some information stored in their system

11. neoneo

neoneo Member

H.O.

To Anna> Congratulations! 4 months seem not too bad reading other posts. How many years did your husband get the permit for?

To ToTheTrees> I feel similarly upset with the H.O. I am let down over and over again how efficient and irresponsible they are. Let us up-to-date about how you get on.

N.

12. daphne

daphne Member

neoneo, I think what Anna and her husband applied for were EEA family permits which are issued at British Consultes overseas. They were at a different queue.

These EEA family permits are issued for a validity of six months only.

13. neoneo

neoneo Member

I see.. does anyone know the average waiting time for EEC1?
    Another worry for me is that me and my wife applied as self-sufficient persons as we were students (in final years) and working only part-time. Could Home Office reject the application outright or would they ask for more documents? I have no clues. :cry:

Good lucks to everyone in the forum.

14. b2msk

b2msk New Member

City:
    Great Britain
    For us it took from 15. February to 12. June. The residence permit (for me as a EEA citizen) and approval for my wife were ready in less then 3 moths (on 7. May). But she had to wait till 9. June for the stamp in her passport.

15. Shay vdT

Shay vdT New Member

EEC1

Can anyone PLEASE tell me how they found out that their visa was approved?
    Ie: Phone call, letter, application sent back,
    Was the response sent recorded delivery?

16. intothetrees

intothetrees Member

To neo neo, I just wonder if you've got an all risk insurance, that is one of the requirements if you want to stay as a self sufficiente or as a partner of a student.
    BTW 6 MONTHS and 3 weeks without nothing. And of course there is still a chance to don't get the visa.

17. daphne

daphne Member

Hi Intothetrees,

Have you called the IND recently to enquire the status? Why don't you tell them you have waited for more than six months, which is the legal maximum that the authority can take to make a decision?

I have waited for eight weeks. Keep waiting.

18. neoneo

neoneo Member

HO

Hi guys, today my passport and my wife's came back from the Home Office!!!! Almost after 4 months and 3 weeks! My application arrived at the Home Office on 7th of March. Thanks to everyone for all the advice so far!!

To intothetrees> We have applied as self-sufficient people without "risk-insurance(I don't know what this is)" But we have included our bank statements, part-time job payslips, my full-time job offer letter (which was conditional on the residence permit), and etc. I think you should really call the Home Office and urge them to send you back your documents. As one said, that is illegal over 6 months!!!

19. intothetrees

intothetrees Member

Unfortunately I'm aware of this , also we sent a letter regarding that subject,no reply and every time we ring them we remind them about the period of six months. They say that it "doesn't matter".Anyway neo -neo congratulations for your passport. We just have to keep waiting

20. Shay vdT

Shay vdT New Member

Hi All
    WE GOT OUR VISA YESTERDAY!
    It was quite a drama as in between the poor handwriting of the home office and the lack of initiative of royal mail, our application response got lost in the mail.
    We then may a visit to the Home Office to collect it and after a 5 hour wait - we got it, opened it, and it was all good news!
    Now - we got our response in 10 weeks... posted application on May 13th...
    We got pushed through the queue by sending a fax titled 'urgent request for consideration'. I sent this fax to two different numbers, at least once a day.
    The fax numbers are: 02086045781, 02087603324
    If anyone would like to see a copy of the letter we sent, please let me know.
    Am happy to answer any questions about our visa application.
    Good Luck Everyone,