Forum Immigration UK

Forum of expats in the Immigration UK: Ask questions and participate to discussions concerning expatriation.

Search the whole website

User's Charter  -  Help  -  Terms and Rules  -  Privacy Policy

✎ EN EEC1 and residence permit who needs to apply?

Discussion in 'Immigration UK' started by gabu, Nov 12, 2005.

1. gabu

gabu New Member

My wife is Japanese and I am Italian, She already entered the UK with a EEA family permit and we applied for a residence permit.
    We sent only her passport, the form EEC1 and a marriage certificate in English, now I have heard that I have to get a resicence permit even if I am Italian in order to get my wifes residence permit. is that true? the application form did not mention anything about both partner getting the residence permit and sending both passports.

If I had to send the passport how do I modify the application?

thank you.

2. kjfaughnan

kjfaughnan Active Member

You have to apply for a residence permit (for EEA national) at the same time that you apply for a residence document (non-EEA national) for your wife. As the EEA national, you should be the lead person on the EEC1 form, and you need to send in your passport and also evidence that you are exercising your treaty rights (ie, evidence of your employment, etc).
    You may need to fill out the EEC1 form again if you didn't do it correctly and send that in again.

3. arnie7

arnie7 Member

I have one of these permits.

You don't need to send your passport because you are european and therefore don't need a residence permit. However, due to the admin they will issue you with a little card version of the permit (totally useless really as it says it's not valid without the corresponding passport but if you have the passport, you don't need the card...).

Arnold

4. luisalbertograu

luisalbertograu New Member

City:
    Holland
    I just joint this website and I saw your message. You may alredy solved your problem. In any case,
    I am spanish married with a non-european (Venezuelan). I moved with my wife to UK 8 years ago, I only had to go to the English embasy in Venezuela and they gave my wife a residence in UK.
    Then I moved to Holland and olso was not problem. My wife was able to work from the first days.

If you need more information let me know.

5. arnie7

arnie7 Member

One thing that might simplify things for people is that you don't need to use the EEC1 form. The EU legislation states that you can apply in any form which includes the official forms, a letter, e-mail and indeed by phone.

As it happens, I applied by phone so I can assure people that this works, at least for UK EU residence permits.

Some years down the line that has complicated life a little as the French were looking for a copy of my application which, of course, doesn't exist.

Arnold