Forum Immigration UK

Forum of expats in the Immigration UK: Ask questions and participate to discussions concerning expatriation.

Search the whole website

User's Charter  -  Help  -  Terms and Rules  -  Privacy Policy

✎ EN EEA Family Permit Application

Discussion in 'Immigration UK' started by nishants85, Nov 4, 2015.

1. nishants85

nishants85 New Member

Living In:
    India
    Nationality:
    Indian (IN)
    Languages:
    English
    Hi,

I know this issue has been addressed multiple times on the forums but I thought of re-confirming it in the group. Also, My situation is a bit different. Which is:

My wife is Polish and we got married in Poland itself. I have a step son also (10 years) and currently we are staying in India. we 3 are planning to move to UK in the month of June (after the school year is finished) as it is getting very difficult for her to adjust here. We have already started collecting the required documents to be able to apply for an EEA family permit and need advice on the following points:-

1. Do I need to have a Job in the UK to be able to enter UK on an EEA permit? (Although I have applied for an Intra Company transfer to the UK office, but not very certain about it ). Should I mention 'job Seeker' in the application form?
    2. I was working in the UK on a work permit and have got an National Insurance number also. Would it be helpful in the application?
    3. is it necessary to provide additional documents such as Email conversations, pictures etc to prove our relationship?
    4. We have got our marriage certificate translated and both original as well as the translations have been Apostilled in Poland.
    5. Is it necessary for her to change her surname in the passport after marriage or we can use the same passport (with old surname). Although, our Marriage certificate mentions it all and her bank account(Poland) also has got the new surname.
    6. What is the right time to apply if we intend to travel to UK in the month of June (2016).

Your help will be highly appreciated.

Thanks,

Nishant

2. nishants85

nishants85 New Member

Living In:
    India
    Nationality:
    Indian (IN)
    Languages:
    English
    Any help please?

3. satya

satya Member

Living In:
    India
    Nationality:
    Indian (IN)
    Languages:
    english hindi
    Hi nishant, i am also applying for eea, I can ans few of your que.
    so yes, its necessary to provide additional documents for proving for marriage genuine. I know few peoples who was rejected because they couldnt prove properly.
    Your wife doesn't need surname change.
    And depending upon the case, it can take time. Generally they use to take 4 month in issuing