Forum Immigration UK

Community of expats Immigration UK: share your experience on expatriation, get local information.

Register  -  Login  -  FAQ

Advanced search  - Search the whole website

User's Charter

Language:
Stay connected

EEA family permit and got already permanent permit for Italy

Forum General British immigration issues, visa, citizenship, EEA forms, marriage and dual nationality discussions.: General British immigration issues, visa, citizenship, EEA forms, marriage and dual nationality discussions.

EEA family permit and got already permanent permit for Italy

Postby smanet » Mon May 21, 2012 7:22 pm

Hello forum,
I read many topics in this forum without found an answer that fit my case and I really hope that you could help me :)
I'm an italian citizen (EEA) and my spouse is from Moldova (non-EEA).
She's living from many years in Italy and she got already a "Foreigners' permit of stay (permanent)" that she must renew every 5 years.
After we get married last year, she would like to apply for italian citizenship.
Now I'm going to work in UK very soon and I don't know how to take my spouse with me without let her loose the italian permit.
Do you think is possibile to renew many times the EEA family permit and not change it to a permanent resident permit?
My idea it's to return to italy at least every 6 months for this, applying for a new permit from there.
Or, do you know another legal solution to this ?
I would like to thank you in advance for any advice will you give me.

Ciao
Sandro

smanet

City: Ancona
Nationality: Italy (it)
Living in: Italy
Languages: Italiano,English

Re: EEA family permit and got residence card for malta

Postby lorawally » Tue Nov 06, 2012 9:00 am

hi im maltese lived in uk from july 2009 till feb 2012 had to come malta with my son because of my ex mum in law had cancer and was very close to her.she died in april 2012 and after i remarried to my boyfriend who is tunisian in june2012.
i want to go back because i was settled in uk and more happy there,but seeing my husband is tunisian we were told that we need eea permit for him to go together.will this be a problem ?
i have friend who knows me and my man well who is emplyong him as his carer.i have pension bec if disability and cant work which i get from malta authority.will this be enough or more complicated .im scared because im sick here in malta and want to go backto my home.

lorawally

City: ghajnsielem
Nationality: Malta (mt)
Living in: Malta
Languages: english,italian,maltese

Re: EEA family permit and got already permanent permit for Italy

Postby neringa-firas1 » Mon Feb 18, 2013 12:38 pm

Hey lorawally,
Did your husband applied for the EEA Family Permit?

neringa-firas1
Backpacker
Backpacker

City: Kairouan
Nationality: Tunisia (tn)
Living in: Tunisia
Languages: French,English,Italian...