Forum Finland

Forum of expats in Finland: Ask questions and participate to discussions concerning expatriation.

Search the whole website

User's Charter  -  Help  -  Terms and Rules  -  Privacy Policy

✎ EN Consulting in Finland

Discussion in 'Finland' started by robinroos, Feb 17, 2016.

1. robinroos

robinroos New Member

Living In:
    United Kingdom
    Nationality:
    British (GB)
    Languages:
    English
    Hi Folks

I am based in the UK, but flying fortnightly to Finland to undertake a consulting engagement on behalf of a UK-based technology/services company (which I do not own and in which I have no equity stake).

I stay in a cheap hotel in Helsinki when in-country.

The end client in Helsinki is suggesting I take an apartment for the duration of the engagement.

Would doing so change my tax status? I *believe* I have no obligation to tax in Finland at this time....

Thanks, Robin.

2. Cyrilexpat

Cyrilexpat Administrator
    Staff Member Editor

City:
    London
    Living In:
    United Kingdom
    Nationality:
    French (FR)
    Languages:
    Français, English, Italiano (un pó)
    In theory it should not affect the status as long as it is not your main address (and center of interest) and you stay there less than 183 days/year.
    You should check with your accountant if you are a contractor...

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...