Forum Immigration Poland - Polska

Forum of expats in Immigration Poland - Polska: Ask questions and participate to discussions concerning expatriation.

Search the whole website

User's Charter  -  Help  -  Terms and Rules  -  Privacy Policy

✎ EN Citizenship new regulation. Recommend a proxy in Poland ?

Discussion in 'Immigration Poland - Polska' started by francophile, Aug 6, 2011.

1. francophile

francophile Member

City:
    Sydney
    Living In:
    Australia
    Nationality:
    Australian (AU)
    Languages:
    French, Japanese, a little German
    Hello all,
    I would be grateful if anyone can advise how I should proceed in the following situation. Any recommendation of a proxy or suitable person would be appreciated.

I just received a letter from the Polish authorities stating the following:
    'There is a new regulation in Poland. They will no longer send correspondence outside of Poland.You will need an authorised person in Poland to receive your correspondence.
    If there is no authorised person nominated, the correspondence will remain in your file.
    Check if the Polish Consulate has a pro-forma authorization document that you can fill out and sign to nominate a person in Poland.'

This is my situation: I submitted the confirmation application for me and my sister to the Polish Consulate in Sydney in November last year. I have been asked for an additional piece of information that may take up to one year to obtain. I have been given to the end of October this year to either submit the additional info or ask for extra time. I can't speak, read or write polish and have needed to have every correspondence translated. I do have distant relatives in Poland but have only met them once, they don't speak english well, and I don't know how reliable they would be.
    I have no idea what to do !!!!! I suppose I can send the correspondence that I need to in October myself with the help of a translator. However I will need to set up a proxy situation pretty smartly after that otherwise I won't receive a reply.
    Help ??

2. francophile

francophile Member

City:
    Sydney
    Living In:
    Australia
    Nationality:
    Australian (AU)
    Languages:
    French, Japanese, a little German
    Additional to my post, I would probably be able to to visit to Poland mid 2012 and would be willing to visit the relevant office with a translator.

3. gjene

gjene Well-Known Member

City:
    London, Ontario
    Living In:
    Canada
    Nationality:
    German (DE)
    Languages:
    English
    Have you ever considered an advocate like Lukasz Piotrowski? He may be able to act on your behalf as a proxy. Yes, I do realize there might be a cost involved. But if you are unable to find someone who is willing to do it for free, this might be an option to consider. Maybe he can help you out with the paperwork to make sure you have everything in order and present your case. Think about it and good luck.

4. marron

marron Active Member

Living In:
    Poland
    Nationality:
    Polish (PL)
    Languages:
    English, Polski
    I would also consider a lawyer. Lawyers are expensive, but this being Poland, costs are far lower.

Alternatively you could contract with one of the "accomodiation services" such as Mail Boxes etc. Although such services are generally reliable, for something as important as citizenship I would go with a lawyer.