Forum Russia

Forum of expats in Russia: Ask questions and participate to discussions concerning expatriation.

Search the whole website

User's Charter  -  Help  -  Terms and Rules  -  Privacy Policy

☛ EN Advice Childcare in Russia

Discussion in 'Russia' started by texkourgan, Jul 4, 2013.

1. texkourgan

texkourgan Addicted member
    Networker Editor

City:
    Berlin
    Living In:
    Germany
    Nationality:
    American (US)
    Languages:
    English, a little Deutsch
    Hello and welcome -

Most families need childcare services, especially when they move abroad and do not have an extended family network. As you settle into your new life, you may need to locate reliable and safe child care services – but how? :confused:

What should people expect to pay for childcare in Russia? What services or classes are available? What qualifications are required for staff? What are the usual opening hours?

Please share your experience with childcare in Russia. What tips and advice can you offer to newcomers? What questions do you have about childcare? Can you recommend a childcare facility in Russia?

Thanks for your recommendations, tips, and advice!

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  2. reinierv

reinierv New Member

Living In:
    Netherlands
    Nationality:
    Dutch (NL)
    Languages:
    nederlands, engels, duits
    Schools in Russia

Can anybody tell my how the state schools are in Russia, compared to the west?

We have a 3 year old child so in a few months time he will go to school.
    I have seens some (free) kindergardens in Russia and they didn't make me happy. What a mess.

I heard (elementary) schools in Russia focus on "knowledge" transfer (like the 50's and 60's here) where schools here in the west focus on self development.

3. texkourgan

texkourgan Addicted member
    Networker Editor

City:
    Berlin
    Living In:
    Germany
    Nationality:
    American (US)
    Languages:
    English, a little Deutsch
    The best place for you to start is with the Guide to Moscow. It offers comprehensive info about moving to the city, including information on School System in Russia.

We also provide a section about childcare in Russia:

I would also highly recommend reading the experiences of expat blogger, Setting Sail with the Fitzys. They have had a negative experience working in the Moscow school system, but he is great about providing an unfiltered view of life in Russia, such as his guest post on our services site, "Is Russia Really Like What Everyone Says?"

Also check out other bloggers in Russia. Anyone else have experience in schools in Russia?

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  4. expatparent

expatparent New Member

City:
    Moscow
    Living In:
    Russia
    Nationality:
    American (US)
    Languages:
    English, Russian