Forum Mongolia

Forum of expats in Mongolia: Ask questions and participate to discussions concerning expatriation.

Search the whole website

User's Charter  -  Help  -  Terms and Rules  -  Privacy Policy

☛ EN Advice Childcare in Mongolia

Discussion in 'Mongolia' started by texkourgan, Aug 21, 2013.

1. texkourgan

texkourgan Addicted member
    Networker Editor

City:
    Berlin
    Living In:
    Germany
    Nationality:
    American (US)
    Languages:
    English, a little Deutsch
    Hello and welcome -

Most families need childcare services, especially when they move abroad and do not have an extended family network. As you settle into your new life, you may need to locate reliable and safe child care services – but how?

What should people expect to pay for childcare in Mongolia ? What services or classes are available? What qualifications are required for staff? What are the usual opening hours?

Please share your experience with childcare in Mongolia. What tips and advice can you offer to newcomers? What questions do you have about childcare? Can you recommend a childcare facility in Mongolia?

Thanks for your recommendations, tips, and advice!

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  2. lisawild

lisawild New Member

City:
    Brisbane, Australia
    Living In:
    Mongolia
    Nationality:
    Australian (AU)
    Languages:
    English
    Hi there, I am new to this site and not yet relocated to Mongolia, however I will be in the 2-3 months. I have an 18 month old daughter and just looking for advice on what childcare options are available? I will be working full time.
    Thanks in advance.
    Lisa :D

3. Cyrilexpat

Cyrilexpat Administrator
    Staff Member Editor

City:
    London
    Living In:
    United Kingdom
    Nationality:
    French (FR)
    Languages:
    Français, English, Italiano (un pó)
    Unfortunately we don't have an expat guide on Mongolia yet. However you might get some info with the Australian embassy/consulate in Ulaanbaatar: http://mongolia.embassy.gov.au/ (I think the embassy representation has just opened, previously they had only the consulate at the same place).
    The Consulate is usually able to provide some help to their citizens, especially in countries where they might not have many expat structures already in place.

[I've merged your question with the existing topic we had on childcare in Mongolia]

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  4. lisawild

lisawild New Member

City:
    Brisbane, Australia
    Living In:
    Mongolia
    Nationality:
    Australian (AU)
    Languages:
    English
    Thankyou, much appreciated