Forum Canada

Forum of expats in Canada: Ask questions and participate to discussions concerning expatriation.

Search the whole website

User's Charter  -  Help  -  Terms and Rules  -  Privacy Policy

✎ EN Canada or China?

Discussion in 'Canada' started by o_liviafr, Jan 24, 2005.

1. o_liviafr

o_liviafr New Member

City:
    London
    Hi,

I've been working in London since last september. I've really enjoyed the life so far, I've met a lot of people and found a great job!!

But now I need to see something different. I would to go to China or Canada to work there in marketing and communication.

If you have been working or living in these countries could you tell me about your experiences?

Thanks a lot :)
    Olivia

2. EasyExpat

EasyExpat Administrator
    Staff Member

City:
    London
    Living In:
    United Kingdom
    Nationality:
    British (GB)
    Languages:
    English, Français
    Canada is completly different from China. In Canada, they've got an American-West European culture, they speak English and/or French...In China you've got a country with a Communist government, 1.5 billion asian inhabitants, they speak Chinese, you will have difficulties to do anything without a guide outside big cities...etc. I haven't said that it's not exciting, I'm just saying that it's completly different... it depends a lot on what you are looking for.

3. perfide

perfide New Member

Canada

As a french canadian, I tell you that it will be much more easier in Canada. Speaking both English and French is a hit for the communication domain. If you plan to head up in Montreal, send me a email @ oliviergrattongagne@yahoo.ca. I can give you a few hint!

So Long
    Perfide