Forum Immigration UK

Forum of expats in the Immigration UK: Ask questions and participate to discussions concerning expatriation.

Search the whole website

User's Charter  -  Help  -  Terms and Rules  -  Privacy Policy

✎ EN Can i travel to the Uk with my EEA permit without my wife

Discussion in 'Immigration UK' started by culdude2383, Apr 18, 2015.

1. culdude2383

culdude2383 Member

Living In:
    Slovakia
    Nationality:
    Nigerien (NG)
    Languages:
    English
    Dear sir/ma

My name is Amid, i am married with a Slovak woman with a child,i applied for the EEA permit last month and i was granted,my wife and i had had the plan to travel with the kid to see uk but things changed in her work and she wouldnt able to travel with me, Can i travel alone or not? Wont there be any restriction as for entry at the boarder control? As par what is written on the visa was EEA family member to acc my wife name. Please Advice. Thank you.

2. Cyrilexpat

Cyrilexpat Administrator
    Staff Member Editor

City:
    London
    Living In:
    United Kingdom
    Nationality:
    French (FR)
    Languages:
    Français, English, Italiano (un pó)
    My understanding is that you have a EEA family permit. The following conditions must be met:
    -The non-EEA family member must be travelling to the UK with the relevant EEA national; or
    -The non-EEA family member is travelling to the UK to join the relevant EEA national.

See for example here: http://www.hr.admin.cam.ac.uk/hr-servic ... sresidence

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  3. culdude2383

culdude2383 Member

Living In:
    Slovakia
    Nationality:
    Nigerien (NG)
    Languages:
    English
    Thank you for your reply and advice,if i have travelled to the UK with my partner and we travelled back to her country, can i travel back to the UK with my EEA visa back to the UK alone or i still have to travel with her?

4. Cyrilexpat

Cyrilexpat Administrator
    Staff Member Editor

City:
    London
    Living In:
    United Kingdom
    Nationality:
    French (FR)
    Languages:
    Français, English, Italiano (un pó)
    I think the same rules apply and you have still to travel with her.

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...