Forum Travel

Community of expats Travel: share your experience on expatriation, get local information.

Register  -  Login  -  FAQ

Advanced search  - Search the whole website

User's Charter

Language:
Stay connected

If I buy an airline ticket and the company goes into bankru

Forum: Tourism, travel insurance, flights, train tickets, cruise, hotels, guides…: Easy Expat Travel provides a range of services and choice of companies to organise your holidays.You can discuss the different offers, the service, your feedback, give advice here.

If I buy an airline ticket and the company goes into bankru

Postby annika123 » Tue Nov 22, 2011 9:23 am

hello every one please give me the answer of my question If I buy an airline ticket and the company goes into bankruptcy what happens to my ticket?

THANKS

annika123

City: new delhi
Nationality: India (in)
Living in: India
Languages: Hindi , English

Re: If I buy an airline ticket and the company goes into bankru

Postby EasyExpat » Tue Nov 22, 2011 9:38 am

As it happened to me 2 years ago when Sterling airways filled for bankruptcy, it's bad luck.
I was coming back from a business trip in Copenhagen airport, when nobody was at the check out and no plan displayed for Sterling. I learnt 10 min later that the company went bankrupt in the afternoon. Only solution to go back home: buy full price a ticket with another company, which I did.
I managed to get some refund later with the Visa/Mastercard guarantee for the Serling ticket that was therefore unused... but the ticket was ~£100 in comparison to the new one which cost £500!
I could have managed better with a travel insurance but I did not have one at that time :-(
EasyExpat
Site Admin
Site Admin

City: London
Nationality: France (fr)
Living in: United Kingdom
Languages: English, Français

Re: If I buy an airline ticket and the company goes into bankru

Postby WoodE » Mon Nov 28, 2011 1:13 pm

I understand you, we had the same situation. But thanks God we had globelink travel insurance. They dealt with the problem very quickly.

WoodE

City: Avon
Nationality: United Kingdom (gb)
Living in: United Kingdom
Languages: english