Forum London

Forum of expats in London: Ask questions and participate to discussions concerning expatriation.

Search the whole website

User's Charter  -  Help  -  Terms and Rules  -  Privacy Policy

✎ EN British schools for a potential US Expat family in London

Discussion in 'London' started by ccolts, Jun 22, 2016.

1. ccolts

ccolts New Member

City:
    Indianapolis
    Living In:
    United Kingdom
    Nationality:
    American (US)
    Languages:
    English
    Good day all! Working to develop as much research and information as possible ahead of our decision to relocate.

Backstory: I have an opportunity to relocate to London (from Indianapolis) with my company. Company would handle Visa, Spousal visa, relocation, etc. and I have a decent handle on what the package will include. We are looking at housing along the Jubilee line, from St Johns Wood up to Wembley, plus a few other areas.

I am interested I understanding where and how Americans who relocate to London generally settle, and what they do for schooling options. My salary will not afford is to live in the London urban area and send our 5 year old son to private school, from looking at the tuition at ASL, Dwight, etc. I am looking to understand what other parents in this situation do.

From what I can tell schools that are rated good or outstanding in UK would be a better education than what he would receive in our current school system in the US. How out of place would an American 5 year old boy be in British schools? Our son is bright, outgoing, and makes friends easily.

Thank you in advance for any information or assistance. There is so much to consider, and lots of information online about other things, but not so much this.

Cheers!

2. Cyrilexpat

Cyrilexpat Administrator
    Staff Member Editor

City:
    London
    Living In:
    United Kingdom
    Nationality:
    French (FR)
    Languages:
    Français, English, Italiano (un pó)
    Hmmm after yesterday referendum on Brexit, is coming to London still an opportunity? ;-)

You will find a lot of information (including on schools) in our guide: http://www.easyexpat.com/en/guides/unit ... london.htm

Specifically on internationsl schools, you can also check a bigger list on our other expat website: http://www.expat-quotes.com/guides/unit ... ingdom.htm

Last but not least, you can also see other expat bloggers in London here: http://www.blogexpat.com/en/dir/united- ... london.htm

Best of luck and keep us informed.
    See you soon on the forum :)

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...