Forum Immigration Poland - Polska

Forum of expats in Immigration Poland - Polska: Ask questions and participate to discussions concerning expatriation.

Search the whole website

User's Charter  -  Help  -  Terms and Rules  -  Privacy Policy

✎ EN Born In Poland but cannot get a Polish Passport

Discussion in 'Immigration Poland - Polska' started by jtrifunovic, May 2, 2011.

1. jtrifunovic

jtrifunovic New Member

Living In:
    Australia
    Nationality:
    Australian (AU)
    Languages:
    English
    My mother was born in Poland in 1933 and both her parents were also Polish. During the past 12 months she has tried to get a Polish Passport but has been refused. She had all the documents for herself and her parents. Supposedly it was because my Grandfather took Australian citizenship when he was 65, so my mother lost her right to getting a Polish Passport. How can this be when she was born in Poland and only left because of WW2 when she was 11. She has always considered herself Polish even though she now lives in Australia and took Australian citizenship. Has anyone else heard of this?