Forum France

Forum of expats in France: Ask questions and participate to discussions concerning expatriation.

Search the whole website

User's Charter  -  Help  -  Terms and Rules  -  Privacy Policy

✎ EN Beware of the agency Inter-Logement

Discussion in 'France' started by diplomatsal, Nov 17, 2010.

1. diplomatsal

diplomatsal New Member

Living In:
    France
    Nationality:
    Salvadorian (SV)
    Languages:
    english, french
    I just want to warn all you expats living or visiting Paris of the rental agency Inter-Logement Net. I´ve had a terrible experience with them and have basically been robbed. In order to cover an outstanding phone bill of 26 euros, which for some reason they never sent me, the agency cashed in the cheque de caution which they had illegally kept. Now I´m fighting from thousands of kilometers away to see if I can get some of the money back.

2. rudy

rudy Member

City:
    New York
    Living In:
    Usa
    Nationality:
    French (FR)
    Languages:
    English, Français
    was your deposit kept and cashed by the agency itself or by the apartment owner? I suppose you have already tried to write to the agency. In France, to be able to keep the security deposit, they have to send you the bills or repair quotation (after damage) as a proof. Here they absolutely need to send you the bill. True that from a distance, things are difficult. I would say you should send the agency (or the owner if you signed the contract directly with the owner) a registered letter asking them to provide you with proof that you owe that money or else refund you and remind them that the French law requires the person who illegally keeps the deposit to pay also the legal interest rate from your date of departure. If they see you know the law, they might proceed?..... good luck